Sat April 21, 2012

Options
chicky89
chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
Sometimes we need to stop, smell the roses, and think.

Tell us and remind yourself why we are changing ourselves for the better and what keeps you motivated!

Replies

• Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I eat or think about eat bad things I realize a few things 1) I need to do this to be able to combat hypo symptoms, and Its really easy to gain where Im at right now . 2) Want to prove to everybody (family) My body is not naturally like this and just because I have 4 kids doesnt mean you have to have 20 -30 extra lb. on you! My mother-in -law rudely said "you will never be a size 6 again!"- ah hello, I was before I had my daughter last year so why would it be impossible???!!!! MFP's keep me motivated because they lose and eat right and encourage me all the time!
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am changing myself for two reasons;
    1. For myself, first and foremost. I miss when I used to be able to run long distance, when I didn't struggle to shop and when I had so much confidence. I'm slowly getting back to being able to run again, and I don't have to shop in the plus size store anymore and some days the confidence is there.
    My second reason is for a future child, I want to be as healthy as possible before I become pregnant. My hope is that with being healthier I will eventually get pregnant and be able to hold on to this pregnancy.

The long term prize of holding my baby in my arms keeps me motivated, and the tremendous support from my MFP friends, and my hubby!!