So apparently I'm healthier than I look...

Options
lillebanon
lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
I finally plugged all my numbers into the body fat calculator at fat2fit radio, and to my surprise the 31.4% (military says 32.8%) it came up with is considered well within the "healthy" range for my age (31). When I use a BMI calculator I'm also at the top end of the "healthy" range. Too bad I still look gross in a bikini!

What do most of you have as your goal body weight percentage? I plugged in 23% for giggles and it said that my goal weight should be 149 lbs if I maintain my current lean mass of 115 lbs. Here is a scary side note - in my adult life, I have at one point weighed 118 lbs. (I was suffering from severe gallbladder disease but was too broke and uninsured to see a doctor about it, so I went 9 months puking up almost everything I ate... but that was like 7 years ago...I gained 50lbs after I finally got that sucker out of me, and have struggled with my weight ever since.)

Replies

• lillebanon
    Options
    The "how many calories should I eat" calculator on their site has me eating even more than I do now... is that a good calculator?
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Oh. My.
    I just re-did my BMR and TDEE calculations and I had something goofed up before. My actual TDEE is 2323, before the extra 200 cal that I have been adding for the little bit of nursing my son still does. So that is 2523 calories a day, which is almost 500 more than I had already upped to. Off to find something else to stuff my face with!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I am 29 years old, 5'7, and weigh 164-166 right now....my bf % is 27.4.

My goal is 24 or 25%.

Don't know if that'll happen before baby #2 is conceived....I'm in the countdown! haha
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Okay... well I'm 5'9" and 166-167, but you look way more awesome than me. :-P I'm reluctant to try for baby #2 as much havoc as #1 has wreaked on my body. :)