Someone come steal my scale :(

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Well I am day 5 in and made the mistake of weighing myself. I gained 3.5lbs since Wednesday after upping my calories >.< (BMR 2544, TDE -20% 3000)

I need to junk my scale. I am taking measurements of everything tomorrow and will start going by that. Just discouraging to see ,/sigh

On a positive note, had a good Costco run and got tons of fruit/veggies and protein stuff. Trying to cut back a bit on wheat breads and what not as thats where a chunk of my carbs come from.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Be sure to read what to expect whn upping...yes put the scale away and whip out the tape measure...that fat will come off. You are strength training right? Also try some HIIT training for cardio which helps burn fat too.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could dub tomorrow National MFP Throw Your Scale Out The Window Day??? :)

I wasn't supposed to step on mine either...and I did. I just keep floating back and forth between the same 2#. I do take measurements and need to stick to that.

Hang in there!!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    I am doing Insanity workout 6 days a week at the moment (3rd week in). I burn between 400-500 caloried doing that everyday (HRM). I did lift on Friday though (Total Gym).
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm up two pounds, but I'm thinking positive yanno...

We are in the baby stages of this. We see the results of those that gave it a go and stuck with it. Their body's adapted to the changes over a period. The changes in my energy level after eating more and getting more sleep has been extremely different. I feel so much better. My body is already showing me that I'm going in the right direction.

Stay focus & positive!!

We can do this!!

:smile:
  • msesheta
    msesheta Posts: 29
    Options
    I am up 4 pounds so I know how you feel. I took measurements and will go from there. I use Total Gym too and I am trying to incorporate New Rules for Lifting into my routine. I walk every day for at least 45 minutes just to keep my body moving as I have arthritis and fibro.
    I'm glad to see another total gym-er! Hang in there!

Shelley
  • itwasntme
    itwasntme Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I handed my scale to my husband and told him to hide it for 2 weeks! I still obsess over it though! Hang in there!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I have fluctuated as much as 6 lbs in a day! As long as I KNOW I'm eating relatively well, hitting my macros, and working hard...no worries.

Now, if I've been eating all over the place I will tweak the quality of my food. Eating more doesn't mean eating garbage. I have to remind myself of that constantly.

I eat about 2200/day more or less, depending on activity.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I took a three week break from the scale and it was the best thing I have ever done. It broke the dependency of needing the scale to tell me how I'm doing. The tape measure and pics are more telling a lot of times.
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    I took a three week break from the scale and it was the best thing I have ever done. It broke the dependency of needing the scale to tell me how I'm doing. The tape measure and pics are more telling a lot of times.

Thats what I am gonna do.

I just took measurements of my Waist, hips, biceps, thigh, calf and neck. I am gonna monitor those for a couple of weeks instaed of the scale and see how that goes.
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yea, I made the mistake of weighting myself the day after AF arrived. Grrr. I have been eating more for abour 5-6 weeks and I am about 2 pounds higher now than when I started. The sad thing is that I have only lost 1 inch TOTAL in that time. =( I bought the New Rules book that is referenced alot so I will try incorporating more weight training (I do Jillian ripped/kettlebell 3-5 times a week, plus ride horses and roller skate). Hopefully I will see some movement sooon! =)
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi mike

When I ate less I was always weighing myself. Since last week when I stated to eat more I decided that because there is a possibility of gaining that I would only weigh myself once a week to keep track of things. I feel freedom from the scales right now and I love it!