TDEE multiplier question

Options
amsparky
amsparky Posts: 825 Member
I'm trying to get my MFP set up properly and wanted a quick opinion on the TDEE activity multiplier - I don't want to set my cals too high.

I'm a middle school teacher, so I am on my feet most of the day, running around the school and walking my classroom (I also do calf raises during class - my students think it's funny). I lift heavy 3x a week and on the other days I either jog a few miles (I coach the run club at my school 3x a week) or do plyometrics. I have 1 true rest day a week. If I averaged out my exercise time over a 7 day period, it would come out to 50-60 min a day.

Would this be heavy exercise? I know it fits in with the proper days, but I guess I see it as someone who is training for a marathon or something.

And I've decided my life would be easier if I could just rent a BodyFit Media for a week. LOL

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get my MFP set up properly and wanted a quick opinion on the TDEE activity multiplier - I don't want to set my cals too high.

I'm a middle school teacher, so I am on my feet most of the day, running around the school and walking my classroom (I also do calf raises during class - my students think it's funny). I lift heavy 3x a week and on the other days I either jog a few miles (I coach the run club at my school 3x a week) or do plyometrics. I have 1 true rest day a week. If I averaged out my exercise time over a 7 day period, it would come out to 50-60 min a day.

Would this be heavy exercise? I know it fits in with the proper days, but I guess I see it as someone who is training for a marathon or something.

And I've decided my life would be easier if I could just rent a BodyFit Media for a week. LOL

Thanks in advance for any input!!

I would go with the moderate calculator and subtract the 15% and see how you do in 4 wks. If you are still bouncing a couple pounds then bump cals by 100.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! If I've already been hovering around 1800 for the past few weeks, would you advise going up or down? All I know is that since starting NRWL4W, I have been SO. HUNGRY. LOL

Thanks again - you really go above and beyond to be super helpful on this board!! :)