How do I ignore MFP?

Options
ZoeLifts
ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
So I am getting started at this eating more to weigh less idea, and I am having trouble ignoring My Fitness Pals little cues when I complete my diary at the end of the day and it says I will gain weight! I have been sick the last couple of days so have not been logging any exercise, but when I do not exercise and I come in right at my calories, MFP tells me that if I keep eating like this, I will gain 2 pounds. Any way to turn that stupid thing off? If I eat according to MFP, I would only eat 1200 calories, but I am set at 1900 right now after trying all of the different calculators to find a good middle ground to start (P90X recommends 1850, which is the plan I am following, exercise wise). Any thoughts on this, or do I just ignore the mind game it is trying to play on me?

Replies

• Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I don't know of anyway to turn that off, other than just not hitting "complete" at the end of the day.

I don't like that thing either.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That message has been bugging me, too! So I kinda tricked MFP and changed my "normal daily activities" (settings > update diet/fitness profile) to "very active" and then adjusted my goal to "lose 1/2 lb / week"...MFP now has my daily calorie goal set at almost exactly my TDEE w/15% cut (only 30 cals difference). No more "you are gonna gain 50lbs in 5 weeks" notices! Lol
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Nice trick!!! MFP set mine at 2050, I was at 1900, which might have been a little low on the averages I was seeing? fitnessfrog has me at 2600 TDEE. I work out 6 days a week with P90X so, I guess that should fall under heavy exercise. I usually get a burn of anywhere from 600-800 depending on the day, so I guess that will average out about right!