Question about NETting my BMR

Options
swingkid1975
swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
I'm on day 2 of EMWL and have a question about NETting my BMR. I'm a jump right in kind of girl so I went from a little over 1200 calories to 2019 (TDEE cut). I'm having a hard time getting all my calories in. I'm eating better foods so I'm staying full and so trying to eat all 2019 is making me feel uncomfortably full with gas pains. I know once my body adjusts I'll be fine.

My question is: If I can't get all my calories in I'm still okay as long as I always NET more than my BMR, correct?

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    BMR is min cals req'd for bodily function during a 24hr per...no moving...so the min you get out of bed you are burning cals. So you will still be running at a significant deficit where the body will still slow the metabolism.

Try changing what you are intaking a bit. Less volumous foods and move to more calorie dense foods. On low cals you train yourself to eat low fat, low cal , volume foods...you have to switch that mind set.

Think about adding cheeses, greek yogurts, nuts, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil etc.
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have eaten loads today and just managed to get my net over bmr so will add olive oil and start buying full fay yogurts etc and some nuts ,seeds things like that as snacks