What move do you really want right now?

Options
helenium
helenium Posts: 546 Member
Don't get me wrong - just got myself loads of moves (superman, shouldermount, butterfly etc) but I can't wait to overcome my incredible fear and do the bow and arrow :P

What moves are you striving for right now?

Replies

• Tiger_Leahy
    Options
    What scares you about the Bow&Arrow?
    I just wanna be able to invert without having to do the big push off the ground cos I know once I can do that, I'll be able to aerial invert!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think my grip is secure enough! I just imagine as soon as I lose my thigh grip I'm going to slide onto my head!

Aerial invert is fun :) Keep working on your aerial invert itself, hopefully it'll correct your technique for inverting off the ground as well... :)
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I actually did the bow and arrow by accident.. lol Finally got the superman but for some reason I can't get the pole to go further up my leg and the pain is horrible.. but as with any move i'm sure i will get use to it.. got the suicide back hook ..yay! now i just need to get higher up the pole so that i can land in a gemini or marley.. sucks having short poles sometimes..
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm working on Aisha (seems like I'm always working on this) and lay-back to crescent.
  • Polebarbie
    Options
    I want to master the tg handspring. I learnt it but managed to unlearn it :( so mad at myself
  • Netterz0087
    Netterz0087 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Where do you girls get all of your pole moves from? I know about PoleDanceDictionary.Com but I was hoping for some additional resources! I want to create my own book! I was at a studio who renamed all the moves within their studio, I switched and I was so confused with all the names!!

I really, really want the Allegra. And the Slinky. I feel like I can do the Slinky, but I really really want someone to spot me and I don't think my fiance will count this time haha
  • FH36251
    FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Where do you girls get all of your pole moves from? I know about PoleDanceDictionary.Com but I was hoping for some additional resources! I want to create my own book! I was at a studio who renamed all the moves within their studio, I switched and I was so confused with all the names!!

I really, really want the Allegra. And the Slinky. I feel like I can do the Slinky, but I really really want someone to spot me and I don't think my fiance will count this time haha
    Are you in the UK lovely? My Studio chain has just published a Pole Dance bible with pics of all the PDC sylabus moves. It's not for sale on the website yet, but should be soon! It's £10/ copy IIRC
  • Netterz0087
    Netterz0087 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in the US. But I just saw them post that book on Facebook!!! They said it was available on Amazon! I'm thinking about getting it though...it said there was over 300 moves in there! Totally worth it I think!
  • IronKitty
    IronKitty Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    These are my goals to get done by my birthday (4/26): 1. INVERTS!! (been at it forever but not consistantly so I'm upping my focus on them), 2. laybacks (which I think I'll actually get in the next class or two), 3. body spiral (something about letting go with one hand while I swing my body in front of the pole just freaks me out), 4. stag (have only attempted it once but I think once I figure out my leg placement I'll get it quick), and finally 5. be able to hold my split grips holds for a decent amount of time (building up my weak wrists!). Anyways I'm pretty determined!!