Protein Supplements?

Options
CassieReannan
CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
Hey guys, I have been looking into a good protein supplement and dont know where to go or what to choose...
Could you help me out to what protein supplements you all like best and where you get them from?

Replies

• fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I prefer the real meat version ;) ok...quinoa is a good one too.

I've looked at the prices of the actual supplements on the shelf and about died at the prices. For that sort of money I'll have real food, thanks.

Although..I am now wondering whether the companies will send out samples...that might be worth a look too.

ETA, yep, they do. :) a Google search for 'protein supplement samples' will find a few.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few different brands of protein, but as fg said, the prices here can be rediculous!

I have been hunting around for somewhere to get dome Optimum Nutrition 100% whey from for a while now as so many people have said it tastes better than most other brands and has a very good nutritional profile. BB.com won't ship that to consumers from the US, so I just found a site called AminOZ and ordered some from there (It cost me $100 for two 900g tubs of WPI which is pretty good by Aust price standards, and I got free shipping and a free tape measure). As a point of comparison, I paid $90 for one 900g tub of Musashi recently...!

I only ordered this a couple of days ago, so once it arrives I'll post my thoughts on the flavour (I will have the double chocolate and mocha cappucino flavours).
  • Starbec
    Starbec Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use the Horleys Sculpt Protein powders and I've found them really good!

I get them off ebay from Supps R Us

Here's a link if you'd like to take a look for price comparison :)

http://stores.ebay.com.au/SuppzRUS
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried natures way protein powder? I might purchase it because its within my price range.
  • Kiarna
    Kiarna Posts: 2
    Options
    So I use Protein supplements to boost me around exercise etc, but I love the Body Science powder and snacks the ones specifically designed for women.

I actually found a place that had the portein powder on sale for about $18, which is quiet good in the grand scheme, but it was from a specific vitamin store, not say Woolies or Coles.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the BSC (Body Science) protein supplement products and at home have a 3kg tub of the Hydroxy Burn Pro in caramel and some of the choc banana bars that I keep in my gym bag - just in case.

Also picked up Evolve - Anabolic Injection which is aimed as a post workout protein (WPI + Hydrolysed whey & amino acids) but this was quite expensive and I only use it for after a solid strength workout.

The BSC stuff I'd recommend though - quite versatile, tastes great even when just mixed with water and compared to others is better priced.