Do you change your TDEE cut daily?

Options
macnurseapril
macnurseapril Posts: 53 Member
I am getting a cold, and was way less active than usual today. And I am not working out, I am resting and pushing fluids. Should I recalculate my TDEE to reflect days when I am significantly less active than usual?

FWIW I am still rebuilding my metablosim. I am loosing the same pound over and over...I know it will get better, I am being patient, but I am wondering how a significant change in my activity would affect my cut.

Thanks!
April

Replies

• mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Coming from a person who is new to this also (so take my opinion for what it's worth!), if I were you I'd just make sure to at least net your BMR at the minimum. If you don't feel like eating more after that, that's fine. If you're just all around sick and you don't feel like eating, one day isn't going to throw anything off.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I will do it on occasion now, but my metabolism is firmly established. In the beginning, consistency is more important, because as long as your cals are fluctuating, your body will continue to view it as binge/purge cycles, holding on on high days, because it know that low days are just around the corner. Earning your body's trust is very important in the beginning....

~Kiki
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Kiki-

What about if I upped my calories to 1700, but hit 2000 on weekends (usually more active)? I know my metabolism has been messed up for a VERY long time if not for my whole life (Have always done starving/binge cycles). Should I try harder to keep my calories at 1700 everyday? I heard that having a "free" day was good?
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Kiki-

What about if I upped my calories to 1700, but hit 2000 on weekends (usually more active)? I know my metabolism has been messed up for a VERY long time if not for my whole life (Have always done starving/binge cycles). Should I try harder to keep my calories at 1700 everyday? I heard that having a "free" day was good?

Oh no, if your cut is the 1700 and you bump up on the weekend that is a good thing...that is a nice spike. I spike as well every few days when I remember to do it...lol.