Ok, tomorrow is day 1

Options
And Im still not sure what exactly will happen.

So according to pg 140...

I should do: Squats ---push up--seated row---push up---step up---prone jacknife ?

And this will all be under "workout 1"?

Replies

• worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!
    I'm only a few weeks into this as well.
    My learnings were: Stretch those quads and hams, especially after! Also eat protein, without enough I was exhausted!

Workout 1 (Stage 1A) would be:
    Squats set 1 (15 reps)
    Squats set 2 (15 reps)
    Push up set 1 (15 reps)
    Seated row set 1 (15 reps)
    Push ups set 2 (15 reps)
    Seated row set 2 (15 reps)
    Step ups set 1 (15 reps)
    Prone Jackknife set 1 (8 reps)
    Step ups set 2 (15 reps)
    Prone Jackknife set 2 (8 reps)

Wait 60 seconds between each

Have fun!
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    Thanks!
    Im excited and scared all rolled into 1 :)))
  • AlaskanPhoenix
    Options
    Tomorrow is going to be day 1 for me too! :)
  • 4KatieLynn4
    Options
    I was so nervous to start an step out of my comfort zone at the gym, but tomorrow will be workout 3 I love it! I'm deffintly hooked!
  • lgomez75
    Options
    Tomorrow is going to be day 1 for me too! :)

let me know how it goes?!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You are going to do great!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    How'd it go? Today was MY first day!..It was... Well.. interesting. I think I might've messed up. ;>.>
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new ladies! How was the first day!
    Options
    I'm not sure if I did it correctly. > w< The book confuses me a little, so I wasn't sure just how many sets and reps I was supposed to have done. Also, is it normal to finish stage 1's exercise in like... 30...40 minutes? Lastly, I made quite the *kitten* of myself trying to perform a jacknife. Fell straight on my face with legs and butt in the air. Luckily no one saw me. =___=; I may need some help from you higher-level'ers.
  • lgomez75
    Options
    I go in a few hours...I am nervous, but a good nervous...and yes the jacknife is the only thing worrying me.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I did it correctly. > w< The book confuses me a little, so I wasn't sure just how many sets and reps I was supposed to have done. Also, is it normal to finish stage 1's exercise in like... 30...40 minutes? Lastly, I made quite the *kitten* of myself trying to perform a jacknife. Fell straight on my face with legs and butt in the air. Luckily no one saw me. =___=; I may need some help from you higher-level'ers.

Sounds right to me. :) Sorry you had a jackknife incident-those suckers are tough!
  • lgomez75
    Options
    turns out the jk was no big deal.
    the push up was tough.

im sore. broke a nail. and parted the sea of meatheads with my neon pink asics!
  • deninevi
    Options

You do the squats back to back with the 60 sec. rest and then alt. the next two , then alt. the next two. 30-40 min. is about right-make sure to warm up and stretch and it will take a little longer. :) You'll get used to the jackknifes- I used to hate them and now I try to include them in my workouts as much as I can-I finished the program a month or so ago. Keep going, it get's easier as you progress.
  • deninevi
    Options
    turns out the jk was no big deal.
    the push up was tough.

im sore. broke a nail. and parted the sea of meatheads with my neon pink asics!

Hhaha! That's how we girls do it in the free weights area!
  • newmari12
    newmari12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job on finishing the first day!
  • lgomez75
    Options
    Great job on finishing the first day!

Glad for rest day today.

Have some spin this evening.
    And then Workout B tomorrow. You ready? This one has exercises I like!
    Options

You do the squats back to back with the 60 sec. rest and then alt. the next two , then alt. the next two. 30-40 min. is about right-make sure to warm up and stretch and it will take a little longer. :) You'll get used to the jackknifes- I used to hate them and now I try to include them in my workouts as much as I can-I finished the program a month or so ago. Keep going, it get's easier as you progress.

Oh! Thank goodness. I was feeling kind of bummed out at first. I thought I was supposed to do the squats, alt. 2 (after resting), the NEXT 2 alt. then do it all over again (What the hell was I smoking to have thought that???). Thank you sosososososo very much for that! Also I am definitely going to work on those jacknifing exercises. Mayhaps I'll even master them someday.