About 10 Days into This EMTWL Plan....

Options
dutchgal68
dutchgal68 Posts: 7 Member
And I've lost 2 inches on my waist, 1.5 inches right across my bellybutton, 1 inch on each of my legs. I've gained an inch on each of my arms. I am SO PLEASED! This is my first post here on MFP! I read for days on this plan before I understood the plan, tweaked my settings and just went for it. officially about 5 days ago. I now eat at 1660 cals, more on active days. I have never seen the possibility to find abs before and wow......I know now that it will be possible. I'm almost 44, 118 lbs and 5ft 4 in, your classic skinny fat gal.

This plan just makes so much sense. I am loving the new energy, the possibility to improve my muscle strength. I've been at the gym, not improving much over the years and eating at 1200 cals and wondering why it wasn't working. I feel like I've unlocked a big secret. Happy to meet you all!

I'm on day 4 of level 3 of the 30DS, and really pumped on what this new venture has to offer...yeehaw!! :happy: :smooched:

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That's great news! So glad it's working for you and can't wait to see what you're going to do with your new strength!
    :drinker:
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I started this on Tuesday but so far my weight is still up. I am the same height as you but ugh....I am at 138 lbs...I wish it was 125! I was down to 131.8 but it is up to 138 right now. Looking forward to some loss!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :happy: Love to hear about people overcoming the "starve yourself" way of life. Increased my calories to 1500 not too long ago. Planning for 1700. It's working. I have so much more ENERGY!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    excellent results!!! :glasses:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep us posted! :)
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    THIS IS ME TO A TEE! I'm 41 5'4" and was 120-122 before I started EMTLW almost a week ago. Considered skinny to the rest of the world, but I'm used to weighing between 110-115 so 122 felt huge! I have a very small frame. Now, I'm down to 114 and feel normal (for me) again. My cals have gone from 900 to 1800ish. MY BODY WAS STARVING and packing on the fat and it shed it in days. My % body fat went from 20-22 to 12-13!!!! AMAZING!!! At 41, I finally feel like I am on my way to having the body I've always wanted.
  • jansari2
    jansari2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi. I just joined this group. I would greatly appreciate any input. I'm 32 almost 33, yikes! I am also 5' 4" and currently weigh 134 lbs. I recently gained weight and and am trying to figure out how to lose this weight but not starve myself. My normal weight was between 112 - 117 lbs. Can anyone please explain how eating more works and what would be a good system to jumpstart my system? My body has changed drastically in the past year and in the past eating everything and walking kept my weight in check. Obviously its not wprking anymore. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • becky3277
    Options
    Have you figured out your TDEE - 15% and how to get your numbers calculated? There's a bunch of really good post that explain it. We'll help you!
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    THIS IS ME TO A TEE! I'm 41 5'4" and was 120-122 before I started EMTLW almost a week ago. Considered skinny to the rest of the world, but I'm used to weighing between 110-115 so 122 felt huge! I have a very small frame. Now, I'm down to 114 and feel normal (for me) again. My cals have gone from 900 to 1800ish. MY BODY WAS STARVING and packing on the fat and it shed it in days. My % body fat went from 20-22 to 12-13!!!! AMAZING!!! At 41, I finally feel like I am on my way to having the body I've always wanted.

Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
  • jansari2
    Options
    Not yet. I'm trying to figure it out but so far its confusing. I'll keep you guys posted. And thanks!
  • becky3277
    Options
    What is your activity level?
  • dutchgal68
    dutchgal68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

I would start at the beginning, try to read as much as you can, and plug in your numbers to find your happy number. It really makes sense after about 3 days of reading and doing homework. I lost another .5 inch today around the waist. I am truly bowled over and full!! I am eating like a maniac and trying to keep up to target, and WOW, it's working....
  • jansari2
    Options
    Thanks!