fun thread - 500 cals

Options
fragilegift
fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
You have 500 calories. What are you going to 'spend' them on? Must be something you can actually get at home - where ever that is. Like, I'm not going to have crocodile steak in Tassie.

I have to think about this. :noway:

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and jam sandwich and a beer. I say this cause that's what I would have lol.. and I had both of them today.
  • fragilegift
    Options
    I've had a bit of a think..and, assuming *I* don't have to make it...tiramisu. Nice rich, creamy, proper stuff.
  • Bounty bars :) I think that'd get me around 2
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    If I had 500 calories left which I had to use up so was looking for a 'treat', I would have cashew nuts, a yoghurt and a banana.

I'm trying to 'treat' myself with calorie dense foods rather than pig out on sweet processed stuff.

Trying to improve my health and condition of skin... although if I am in dire need of something naughty I will have a Magnum Almond icecream haha :P I figure there are worse options out there because this has nuts in it!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    THIS. ELVIS oats. The greatest oats ever!

12%2B-%2B1
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Haha, I just had to come and look at this. I saw '500 cals and' Chrisdavey as the last poster. As most people know, the following equation usually holds true (p<.05)

<500 (OR >500 kcal) +ChrisDavey = Proats! :laugh:

To be honest, I didn't think your Elvis oats would come in under 500 though. Must be a small serving bowl this time. :wink:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    you know me too well! It was a toss up between that or protein pancakes :tongue:

2/3 oats - 216cals
    100g low fat bacon = 100 cals
    1 tbspn PB&CO mighty maple 90 cals
    1 banana = 100 cals
    2 tbspn sf maple syrup = 18 cals

= 524

pretty close.

You know what's crazy is that I don't need to look up any of the above to know all the figures :smile:

I don't bother adding protein powder to the above as I figure the bacon is "generally" enough.
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5000? A lot of calories....I thank you for this opportunity.
    250 g tub of MacLaren's Imperial Cheddar Cheese.
    I can day dream.... can't I?
  • fragilegift
    Options
    If I had 500 calories left which I had to use up so was looking for a 'treat', I would have cashew nuts, a yoghurt and a banana.

I'm trying to 'treat' myself with calorie dense foods rather than pig out on sweet processed stuff.

Trying to improve my health and condition of skin... although if I am in dire need of something naughty I will have a Magnum Almond icecream haha :P I figure there are worse options out there because this has nuts in it!!

Doesn't have to be a treat. Could be 500 cals of...apples if you wanted the er...runs. ;)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    THIS. ELVIS oats. The greatest oats ever!

12%2B-%2B1

this looks yummy.......
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    id have a bacon sammich... 2 slices of good white bread = approx 200 cal.. 100gr bacon = 240.. and then id add some light swiss cheese which would bring me almost square with the 500 cal
  • anastasiab1621
    anastasiab1621 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Just bacon. Fried till its almost burnt to a crisp. Ok, and some 85% Lindt.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Icecream! Cold Rock preferably, but I dont think Id get much for my 500 calories!!! Oh how I love Cold Rock....
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Fresh egg pasta with some kind of vegetable based sauce with a bit of parmesan and pumpkin in it.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Stir fry :) With lots of veggies. Mmmm