how do i change my carb/protein/fat setings?

sorry to be annoying!

Replies

• saintsfanatik
    saintsfanatik Posts: 68 Member
    go to the main page for MFP. Underneath the "My Home" tab, you'll see a long blue bar that stretches across the screen. In it, you'll see the word "Goals". Click it.

There you'll see your calories, macronutrients ("macros", like Fat, Protein, Carbs, etc). Towards the bottom of that page, you'll see a green button that says, "Change Goals". Click it.

You'll then come to a page with two "radio buttons" on it. They ask you if you want their "guided" recommendation (you tell MFP how much weight you want to gain/lose, what you weigh, height, etc., and MFP calculates everything based on it's own formulas), or Custom (where you set the goals yourself). You wan't "Custom", so select that, and click the green "Continue" button below that selection.

Okay...now you can change your settings. Since you posed this in the Reddit Keto forum, I'm assuming you're doing a Keto diet!! So, the Fat/Protein/Carbohydrates you want will be 65% Fat, 30% Protein, and 5% Carbs. Also, if you wanted to, or though the Calories amount wasn't enough/was too generous, or want to add a fitness goal (time or calories burned exercising),here's where you get a chance to change it. Most folks I know don't mess with the goals other than the Fat/Protein/Carbs settings--your mileage may vary. Make the changes you want, and click the green button below that says "Change Goals". Your done!!!

Also, If you want an accurate little easy to read pie chart at the bottom of your food diary that tells you how you're doing on this eating plan, go to:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124645

This is a script you can load in your web browser (Firefox or Google Chrome). After installing it, and reading the instructions (IMPORTANT!!!), you'll now have that easy to read pie chart--it's really helpful in telling you things like NET carbs, and letting you know at a glance if you're on track.

Good luck!!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Wow Saints, thanks :)!
    You answered like 3 questions I had ;)
    I havent created a reddit account yet I just been doing research about keto and took the plunge about 3 days ago down 2 pounds already /cheer!