Any women on this forum over 50?

Options
tecallahan
tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
Wondering if age is related to this concept of eating more to weight less? I think it worked for me in my younger days, but even though I am very active, not so sure about it now.

Any woman over 50 eating TDEE - 15%?

Replies

• VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and am eating exactly that. Three weeks in, no gain, no loss, and no measurements yet, but I feel very energized and strong in the gym. Stay tuned.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    When you use the TDEE calculator, it takes age into account in determining your TDEE....so that means that number is what you should eat to maintain your weight...that means a small deficit of 15% will work for you as well. If you have been low caling, you may want to consider eating TDEE for 8wks to allow your body to reset. Then go to a cut of 15%.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Seriously thinking of it -- just have hypothyroidism and post-menopause working AGAINST me. :tongue:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and tomorrow will be 2 weeks at 1765 calories a day, which is my TDEE-15%. I did gain at first, but after the first week lost it back to where I was. I'll weigh in Wed. and see where I am , but there has been some inch loss, my jeans buttoned where before I used a rubber band cause they were so tight. I do feel I have more energy and enjoy working out.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and have been eating increased calories for 8+ weeks now. I'm trending upward just a bit, but nothing to be worried about. I still haven't seen any love from the scale, but I'm also still adjusting numbers looking for the magic calorie count. On the up side, I have lost inches and I'm rocking my workouts (and I work out a lot)! Even if I don't lose weight, I feel so much better it's worth it. :love: :love:
  • msesheta
    msesheta Posts: 29
    Options
    I am 58 and having a difficult time. So far the scale has gone up almost 6 lbs and an inch gain on my hips :(
    I do feel more energy and I am able to walk further and do more weights than before but I don't like getting fatter by the day.

Shelley