Teach me how to eat MORE!

Options
MamaLeague
MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
My TDEE is 2414, and my BMR is 1563.

I set my calorie goal to 2052 (TDEE-15%).

Adjusted protein, fiber, carbs, and fat to 30, 30, 40, 30.

Now, how on earth do I eat this much? Feel free to look through my diary. Any snacks you recommend? I played around with with todays food and got it close, but I do have a workout planned for tonight.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Easiest way to start- double up on your protein shake scoops and toss in some peanut butter or a banana. Or berries (but they're less cal dense) or whatever strikes your fancy.

Add more cheese, put an extra egg in your salad and find some nuts. Nuts are going to make your fats go up a bit- but they're full of the best fats for you and don't add to weight gain till you start really mowing down on them (a cup is too much).
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Ok, thanks! Doing my weekly shopping trip today, so adding almonds almonds and string cheese.

Keep the suggestions coming!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, Nuts, Cheese, avocado, Kind Bars at any health food stores...a yummy delight of wonderful calories, a good protein shake, peanut butter, almond butter, OLIVE OIL, coconut oil...I sometimes take a tbs of coconut oil...do some research it is EXCELLENT for you..
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    My diary is public so feel free to take a peak. I try to eat foods that anyone would eat & 99% of what you see on a daily basis is homemade.

Just upped my calories to 2000-2100 a day. I love to eat so it's amazing how easy it was for me to do. :blushing:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ooh yes coconut oil!!! We can't afford it right now but it's SO GOOD. It fries up well, doesn't smoke too heavily and is so good for you! Also makes some of the best cookies you'll ever have :D
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My diary is open too.

I get some good protein in with Golden Valley NATURAL beef jerky...
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I kind of jumped in mid-day today, but seem to be doing ok. Just got done with my workout, now to EAT!

I'm needing ways to up my fiber, I do have fiber one bars at work that are good.

About how long do you think until I see a difference? I have only lost 10 pounds since the beginning of the year, and here I stand.

Frustrating!

I went through this last summer, as well. Lost ten, and stayed. I don't think I was eating enough.
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Fage greek yogurt- the full fat kind. It's called Total (not total 0% or total 2%, just Total). It's 170 calories per cup and has different fruit flavors (honey is higher in calories- 210 I think). It's 11 grams of protein and the taste is incredible!!!!! I love strawberry and peach.

With the low fat/no fat craze it can be hard to find. I only have one store near me that carries the full fat variety.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but If you calculated your TDEE using your real activity level (i.e. your workouts) then you shouldn't be eating back exercise calories unless not doing so puts you at a net of <BMR. So only eat back the difference so that you don't fall below. [Unless you used sedentary for activity level and are planning to eat back exercise cals, then ignore me]

I've being doing much better with fiber the past few days - beans, cereal, veggies, popcorn - they all add up. Feel free to look at my diary.
  • kcmom2four
    kcmom2four Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! I'm gonna go check out some of your food diaries and see what ideas I can gain!
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but If you calculated your TDEE using your real activity level (i.e. your workouts) then you shouldn't be eating back exercise calories unless not doing so puts you at a net of <BMR. So only eat back the difference so that you don't fall below. [Unless you used sedentary for activity level and are planning to eat back exercise cals, then ignore me]

I've being doing much better with fiber the past few days - beans, cereal, veggies, popcorn - they all add up. Feel free to look at my diary.

yup, this is what i've gathered as well. today went well! I love being able to eat! I hope this works for me!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Feel free to take a look at my diary too (it's open). Most of what I make is homemade and simple to make.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I recently discovered Fage greek yogurt- the full fat kind. It's called Total (not total 0% or total 2%, just Total). It's 170 calories per cup and has different fruit flavors (honey is higher in calories- 210 I think). It's 11 grams of protein and the taste is incredible!!!!! I love strawberry and peach.

With the low fat/no fat craze it can be hard to find. I only have one store near me that carries the full fat variety.

This is what I have started eating and the full fat one is cheaper than the low fat!! I ahven't found any other flavours though : (

I have found switching from 'diet' foods to whole foods makes a big difference - upps calories but not volume and are better for you! whole milk, full fat yogurt & cottage cheese, also avacados, nuts, seeds, pn butter, oats, wholegrain brown rice...My diary is open feel free to look!
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

I know it is probably water weight, but I have seen the scale decrease by 2 pounds in the last two days, after maintaining for over a week with my old style of diet.