Plateau

Options
OK for the least three weeks I have been stuck at 171-170 and I don't know what else today Please someone help me because I'm ready to give up this is what my week looks like

Mon-Fri Run 2-3 miles Jillian Micheal's
Sat-Sun play Kickball and basketball and go walking in trails

Replies

• Jonnelle06
    Options
    Jillian micheals no trouble zones
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Jonelle, has it been 3 wks since you upped cals. I talk to so many, but can't believe it has been that long? Please refresh my memory. When did you up cals?

Hun you can't give up on YOU...YOU are too valuable...WE will do this...just trust the system...give me some feedback.
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    No it hasn't been three weeks its been one week since I upped my calories from 1410 to 1800 Most days I can't eat that much I try but I'm just not hungry maybe my numbers aren't right

weight 171

height 5'2

TDEE 2451

BMR 1581

20% is 1960 Right now I'm at 1800
    I have been doing Jillian micheals but yesterday I hurt my quad playing kickball so just running and walking today
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You're working out quite a bit. Are you making sure to net at least 1800 on days that you work out?
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    Some days I am just not hungry enough to eat that much..or I am full
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Hun you can't give up on YOU...YOU are too valuable...WE will do this...just trust the system...give me some feedback.

^^ THIS!!

I know it's tough to get the cals in when you start out...so just keep trying to increase each day. Find some cal dense snacks, like string cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, peanut butter, etc. Sautee veggies in olive oil for added cals...do whatever you can. :) You can do this - you just gotta keep working it!
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    OK I WILL THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE IT REALLY MAKES ME WANT TO KEEP GOING:bigsmile:
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You can do it, girl. Initially you will have to push past the full feeling until your body gets used to eating more, but you will soon find it begging for more. Try the timer setting trick. Set a timer at regular intervals, and just eat *something*. After a few times of doing that, your body will ask for food at those intervals, so keep feeding it, until you are *consistently* eating your cut value. once you can get the amount of food in, you can change the time intervals to whatever suits you, but just stay *consistent*. That is absolutely KEY to your progress. Give it a good 4-6 weeks, allow your body to trust you, and you trust it.

Trust the process. You have a full support system here, so reach out whenever you need to :flowerforyou:

~Kiki
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    You can do it, girl. Initially you will have to push past the full feeling until your body gets used to eating more, but you will soon find it begging for more. Try the timer setting trick. Set a timer at regular intervals, and just eat *something*. After a few times of doing that, your body will ask for food at those intervals, so keep feeding it, until you are *consistently* eating your cut value. once you can get the amount of food in, you can change the time intervals to whatever suits you, but just stay *consistent*. That is absolutely KEY to your progress. Give it a good 4-6 weeks, allow your body to trust you, and you trust it.

Trust the process. You have a full support system here, so reach out whenever you need to :flowerforyou:

~Kiki

Thank you so much Kiki I will keep going and pushing I know i can do it some days are harder than others.. I will try the timer thing and I believe in everything I read about eating more weighing less . I will give it a chance
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!! I just typed a reallllyyyy long response ---- only to wipe it out somehow. Geez !!!!

Anyhoo ..... Wanted to give you encouragement. Eating more works !! I will be back shortly to type out my whole spiel again : )

Jen
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!! I just typed a reallllyyyy long response ---- only to wipe it out somehow. Geez !!!!

Anyhoo ..... Wanted to give you encouragement. Eating more works !! I will be back shortly to type out my whole spiel again : )

Jen

You KNOW I can't wait to read it, Jen :wink:
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    harlanJEN
    Ok thanks for the encouragement and i'll be waiting for the response :happy:
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hey hey ! I'm back, as promised, but tired. LOL. Just back from the gym, working up energy to shower. Love it !

I've decided I'm going to work smarter, not harder. I'm doing the Blog thing. First installment is there, the 2nd one will be today.
    Will be JUICY stuff there today :) And .. it will definitely speak to this subject !!

Get ready !! It's gonna be FUN !

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN