Anyone not see the measurements change?

Options
Raynn1
Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
Im ending my 6th week in the eating more plan, week 2 of eating my TDEE-15%. The weight was up and down with the same 2 pound for the first 4 weeks, and then finally last week a 4 pound drop. This week the scale is up again, although I am sure AF is appearing soon. (still a PITA). So in 6 weeks of eating more, the weight is still working itself out apparently... but the inches.. Have.not.budged.

I have seen so many posts in here about others gaining or staying the same weight in a reset, or shortly after, but their inches at least changed... Mine have not.. not one single iota anywhere...

Anyone else? Is this still normal? While the weight loss part is still a bit frustrating, the not losing inches is driving me bananas.
I run three days a week, I do a Body Pump class once a week and a step class. my two "rest" days I do JM 30 Day shred.

Any insight?

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    how challenging are your weights? you seem to be doing quite a bit of high rep type weight training, which is fine for getting a good burn, and keeping your heart in shape, but not really conducive to muscle building. If you really want to gain some body composition changes, try giving slightly heavier weights a shot. Maybe throw in a day of heavy lifting, with less reps, & slightly longer rest periods, vs mostly circuit style, training...
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well, me, I haven't. I'm in stage 2 of NROLFW. I've gradually upped my cals and I'm now eating about 1800 a day (15% cut off TDEE). My weight has gone up (though after how much I peed all day yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if it was down some) and I"d feel better if I could say my measurements have gone down, but they haven't. My clothes feel about the same (sometimes the thighs in my jeans feel too tight).

HOWEVER, my husband said my body is definitely changing. I don't exactly see it but I'm gonna keep on keepin' on... cause at least I'm EATING ;-)

(and I am lifting about as much weight as I can - last 2A I was using 22.5 lb dumbbells for just about all exercises in that workout. I ended stage 1 with a 86lb DL and squat. Not record setting but pretty good improvement)
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'll also chime in and say that I very rarely see changes in measurements, either. For instance, my biceps. They've always, always, always, been 12 inches. But, I swear that 12 inches looks better every year, lol. The only way that I can tell is through pics. I'm always snapping pics to compare with previous months, years, etc. Because other than that, I wouldn't be able to tell, either (well, other than DH mentioning it, lol).

I've just always thought that maybe it was because I'm not doing it properly when I measure myself, lol.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Im far from even seeing muscle. Im still under a heavy layer of fat, which is why Im a little perplexed as to why nothing is changing.. I see so many women in here when they are in reset, that the scale goes up and down but at least they are losing a few inches to make it worth while. For me, I havent seen any changes, plus the weight that dropped last week has all but returned this week, just adding more frustration to this process for me.
    At least if the inches changed, even a little I would know I was at least doing something right.. right now I feel like I am going in circles..

As for your question before, I dont lift much. Basically my one Pump class, which I do increase my weights monthly or try to at least. The 30DS, I do just for something to do, but yes I probably could increase my hand weights.. however I dont have the budget for another set at this point. I just ordered the New rules book, and hopefully Ill be able to find some things in there I can do without too much trouble.