Menapause/impossible????

Does Anyone know how does one lose weight when they are in menapause, have underactive thyroid - this was all caused by my surgery from Cervical Cancer two years ago and I have not been able to lose any weight - anyone out there have any suggestions that will work???? I have walk daily on the soft sands of the beach, I do curves and sometimes when energectic enough I do Fitness on my WII. but with no results.....I am an emotional eater/bulimic, I need help with suggestions or what ever you got, so to those who are reading and listening...Please Help!!! Thanks

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    The exercise you mention is primarily cardio in nature. One of the problems with menopause is that it leads to a decrease in muscle mass. Muscle burns fat. I would seriously explore weight/strength training. The added benefit is that weight training improves bone mass too reducing your risk of osteoporosis. Also make sure you are getting sufficient protein, that can help with building new muscle and preserving what you have.
  • julierewa
    julierewa Posts: 17
    Yes! From my experience I would recomend that you buy some kelp capsules and take these daily to assist with balancing out the thyroid function. Also, take something daily to help with hormone balancing - I take flaxseed oil capsules and also maca powder capsules - both of which are quite cheap to buy and are amazing not just for menopause but really any women (I also have my teenage daughter on them - much less moodiness!). They also give you a boost in energy.