What are you working on now?

Options

Replies

• alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am currently working on a plastic canvas bassinet for my daughter's dollies, a granny square blanket (in blue, purple, green, and white) for my new king-sized bed, a messenger bag for a friend, a blanket for my sister for Christmas, a rainbow granny square blanket, and a throw blanket for my daughter. :laugh: Just a few things added.
  • courtneyleem
    Options
    I have the 2012 - Baby Blanket Bonanza going on at the moment. 9 baby blankets, 3 "boy" colours, 3 "girl" colours, and three "anything-goes" colours. I finished one blue and white in Bernet Pipsqueak and one pink and orange ombre in Bernat Baby Blanket. I'm working on a white/yellow/green ombre in an unknown yarn. It's tiny though, and I usually do my blankets in bulky weight yarn.

I'm also working on a shrug to wear with my wedding dress.(http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/eleonora) I'm doing it in Bernat Satin Sparkle (ruby). I just started and restarted it a half-dozen times yesterday, and it's time to start it again. I really shouldn't knit when I'm sleepy.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a zombie doll for a friend's niece. It's due around x-mas time, but I'm done with the body and the limbs. Just gotta get the arms, feet, and the facial features done.
  • Maccbow
    Maccbow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a novice knitter. I have 2 scarves I'm working on. I am so psyched about learning to knit! My daughter bought a Bea-uuu-ti-ful knitting book for me, and I'm in love with it. I've also aquired a couple more knitting books, and trying to learn the terminology. I just absolutely can not wait to try a ton of beautiful patterns that are in the book!! :D I am HOOKED on knitting!!

All of your projects sound SOO EXCITING and WONDERFUL!! :D
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm working on shoulder wrap/poncho sort of thing. I've been going at it for MONTHS—since April, I think. Phew! I'm just a few inches away from being done... I want to wear it next month!

Here's a picture from the pattern:

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/sarahmartingale/96732836/bluecablewrap_medium2.jpg
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    sarah, that's realllly pretty. Looks warm and cozy. Right now I'm knitting some washcloths from Kris Knits. I'm going to be putting together a 'beauty basket' for my sister-in-law for xmas.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a Black & 2-tone Gold hat & scarf set.
    Hat is finished, scarf is about 1/3 done.
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my first granny square blanket its almost done and looking lovely. :D I'll try to post a pic when its done.
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I like granny squares (especially multi-colored ones). I saw this really awesome celtic knot square thing on Pinterest. Looked intimidating though. lol
  • Lynnsie12
    Options
    I am working on so many things. But the good news is I've finished 2 and 3/4 projects in the last 3 days. I will finish another pair of fingerless gloves tonight and am try to make a pair of Lana Gloves before Saturday.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have so much on the needles and even the hook right now. I am working on a hat and mitten set for my daughter for christmas and some pot holders and dish cloths for my mom, step mom and mil for christmas. I really would like to do more things for my family and friends for christmas but i am not sure i can get it all done for christmas gifts. I am loving my fiber time!
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    A hurting wrist means I'm not working on anything and it's making me sad. I think I may have carpal tunnel. :(
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A hurting wrist means I'm not working on anything and it's making me sad. I think I may have carpal tunnel. :(

If it is carpal tunnel, although it hurts a bit, the more you use it the better you will feel. That is what the doc. told me anyway.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have discovered locker hooking and have put my knitting away for a while so I can work on the little mat I am hooking.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I am working on a basic watch cap for my son to match his Harry Potter scarf. Then I'll start a Slytherin scarf for my other child, followed by a matching hat.
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I need to start a hat for my husband's grandma. She asked for one for xmas. I'm currently working on fingerless gloves for the kid.
  • lisab0864
    Options
    I started my first ever sweater -- have about 4" of the back done. But..............that is on the back burner cuz I need more mittens (I'm outside for hours a day/everyday). I made a pair of felted mittens and they are the best ever -- not only do they keep your hands warm but they also warm them up if they are cold when you put them on and they are water resistant. Need to do at least 2 pairs before I get back to the sweater -- I'm a slow knitter (more of attention span problem) so hoping to be done in 2 weeks.
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i'm currently working on two projects:-

*1 I'm knitting two cushion covers for my living room settee in a teal colour, I'm doing a knit 4, purl 4 checkerboard pattern and i'll finish it off with a toggle button.

*2 I'm crocheting granny squares to make a cushion cover for my diningroom settee, alternating mint and lilac squares with a pale grey border - it's my first granny square project.

It definately helps keeping my hands busy in the evening - can we add it as exercise?
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    hats hats and more hats
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    hats hats and more hats

I love hats!

I am finishing a Christmas stocking for one of my grandkids.