What are you working on now?

Options

Replies

• wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm making xmas ornaments for my friends and family. i took a break from that to write a pattern for and crochet the little guy in my icon. He is a robot from a television series my husband loves. Next, back to crocheting more ornaments. Have a bunch left to make before the holidays officially start.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's cool wbandel. I'm not so great at crochet (especially reading the patterns) but I try.

I'm currently re-knitting the damn right glove because I had MAJOR tension issues and the right one ended up smaller than the left. Sooooo annoying.
  • Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just finished some ornaments where I crocheted a front and back of a cd witha round motif -they shoot rainbows out and the shadow of the crochet piece when hung in the light--dont know how to add pixes to these posts or i'd add a pix-

just now starting a new project - a hat that looks like a nordic viking would wear it - with horns attached to the sides and it has a long beard attached to it- its for my brother in law that likes the tv show game of thrones-gotta hurry to get it done-for gamers out there its like soem helmets in the xbox game skyrim.
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    That's cool! I love the crap out of Skyrim. When it came out, my husband, daughter and I were fighting for time to play it so we actually went out and got a new Xbox and game. :laugh:

I finished re-knitting the glove and knit a pair of slippers today. Hopefully the pics show up since they're from Ravelry.

2012-12-12_11-36-34_279_medium2.jpg

2012-12-12_17-16-41_79_medium2.jpg
  • elaineanne1
    elaineanne1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am making a crocheted lap blanket for a friend but it is taking longer than I thought.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been working on 6" square to send in to charity. :) I needed to do something that was for things greater than me after dealing with everyone's Christmas greed and general rudeness! LOL
  • pugmomma1951
    pugmomma1951 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My main project is a sweater for my granddaughter. Also on the needles are legwarmers, a scarf, socks, and I am about to cast on a cowl for each of my sisters who ride motorcycles.
  • neudeb12
    neudeb12 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a pair of Elizabeth Zimmerman's mitered mittens
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I'm about to start another pair of slippers. My mom really liked them.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a sock KAL on a yahoogroup.that I belong to.
  • PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a shawlette with leaves on the border. I had been in a knitting "slump". Knitting for charity but not really knitting anything that made me really excited to be knitting. So glad to have picked the project up after a few month hiatus. I'm so much nicer when I knit. :bigsmile:
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i am making a scarf for my husband
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a shawlette with leaves on the border. I had been in a knitting "slump". Knitting for charity but not really knitting anything that made me really excited to be knitting. So glad to have picked the project up after a few month hiatus. I'm so much nicer when I knit. :bigsmile:

I have been feeling the same way, not excited about my knitting. I don't even have a clue why, because I'm always happy with the outcome, just haven't felt the urge. And yea you're right - even my hubby knows if I'm in a slump. It's my therapy, I guess!
  • BEB54
    BEB54 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am working on a dragonfly washcloth. I have been in a knitting slump also. I haven't knitted in several months. IT IS definitely my therapy. So happy to be making knitting part of my day again.:smile:
  • cherrybombknits
    cherrybombknits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm making some fingerless gloves from Chawton Cottage Knits. This year I am going to go through my stash and knit a ball or class of yarn until it is gone. Right now I am working through a Ziploc bag of aran 1-ply single skeins.
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I get the whole knitting slump thing. I didn't knit anything from like xmas of last year (2011) until September 2012. Then between September and the end of the year, I knit a bag, some washcloths, a scarf, 3 hats, a pair of fingerless gloves and 2 pairs of slippers.
  • maggie027
    maggie027 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Crocheting one scarf, and knitting another one at the moment. Then I also have my eye on a pattern for a crocheted lacy prayer shawl. I have trouble just sticking with one project until it is done! Tend to rotate, I do. :wink:
  • ranbrook
    ranbrook Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am working on a Fair Isle pullover,my first time on round needles......the entire sweater is patterned....my friends call it the Five-Year Fair Isle !
  • Eeyore_Chick
    Eeyore_Chick Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out my spinning wheel. Right now I'm about half-way through a pair of fingerless crochet gloves ( http://the-arboretum.blogspot.ca/2010/12/idony-fingerless-gloves.html ) - I figured I'd share the pattern link that I found on Ravelry.
  • SandMaw
    SandMaw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am crocheting a blanket that is in blocks and the pattern is a dragonfly.