Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Our Health Problems Are Not An Excuse

enaves1986
enaves1986 Posts: 46 Member
I take thyroid medication, it annoys me so much when they use the thyroid excuse. Let's help each other not let our medical issues be our excuse.

Replies

• katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    I take thyroid medication, it annoys me so much when they use the thyroid excuse. Let's help each other not let our medical issues be our excuse.

I've heard that too. Good post. I'm sure there are other "viable" reasons people use too not to be in better shape, but there's always more than one way to skin an apple, so if you want to, you'll find a way...

~katie
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    OK, need to qualify the heading though. Exercising through some injuries for example is not a great idea. Eg if you strain your rotator cuff, not a good idea to keep doing pushups or even worse still, bench presses/military presses. At least not without a green light from your doctor/treater.

However I could not resist answering this post for one reason. Yes, I'm guilty, I've often used health problems as an excuse. Take this year. At the start of the year I was still nursing a calf strain from a touch football injury sustained last year. Just as it was coming good, I get an ear infection that makes life very uncomfortable. So I come off exercise till I feel better. Then comes the bout of flus and colds. And to finish it off, suspected heart issues.

Funny thing is: having lost some decent amount a weight over the last 18 months or so, I've never felt better :)

And yes, to an extent I agree with the heading. Even if you have health problems, you should still keep trying. Definitely eat better. And (when allowed) appropriate exercise too!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    I'm way cautious here. However, one thing I know is that many health problems are caused by not exercising. Even your immune system is stronger when you exercise from what I understand. That's because flowing blood moves the antibodies around your body. Not exactly sure of the terms.

I always think that if people will get up and move just a little bit they would be so much better off.