One-Legged Squats and Crabs

Options
lalfaro01
lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
This is mostly just a question about form since I believe I might be doing something incorrectly. Every time I try to do One-legged squats I find it nearly impossible to do them on my right leg. It cracks and I can feel a bit of pain and then that carries over for the rest of the workout. Do you guys think it might be a form issue or just a regular knee issue/injury?

As for the crabs, I've been doing them pretty well until yesterday when I tried to do the one leg raised ones and I kept getting a cramp on the back of the supporting leg. Similar to the cramp/pain I felt while doing Donkey kicks. Is that normal? How do you guys prevent it?

Replies

• cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My guess would be form, but not 100% sure. I'm OK on the squats, but last night I got that same feeling in the back of my left leg doing crabs - but it went away when I adjusted myself.

The real answer is that they are both just plain evil excercise moves and we should stop doing them! :tongue:
    Just kidding. Hopefully someone can give you a better answer, but when I did adjust my leg/body on the crabs, it went away.

Good luck!
    Tanya
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you've had a knee injury in the past, the one-legged squat, coupled with form, could be the issue. If not, you might want to slow down to get the form right. I had to really watch my form to ensure a) I was pushing my hips/butts back like a squat and b) I didn't allow my knee to go over my foot. I could really feel it after that and fell over a lot :).
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have to "hold on" to something for balance on the One Legged Squats~ maybe being off balance is causing you to have bad form and thus, the pain.
  • lalfaro01
    lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've never had an injury but my right knee has always been my "weak" one. Whenever I do squat moves for a long period of time it starts bothering me and cracking a lot. Rosied915 that's a good idea!! I might try that next time so I at least get as low as possible instead of just looking sad and doing a lazy attempt :).
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I can barely to one legged squats because it kills my HIPS. I think I need to go to a chiro or something... ? I usually do something else during those but I know I'm missing out by doing that.