checking in after 2 weeks

Options
rebekahgo
rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
so, i jacked my calories up from 1300 to 1900 the day i found this forum. EMSD was 4/10. EMSW 152.5. i whooshed down to 149 initially, but then i gained back up to 154.5. this morning i was back down to 150. during the 2 weeks of eating more, i have worked out very little. life has just been getting in the way with an icky cold, and kid stuff to do, and blah blah blah. my TDEE was based on a moderate activity level, so really that 1900 that i have been eating may be more of a maintenance value than a cut value. i think i've pretty much done a metabolism reset with these two weeks of eating more and exercising zilch. but even so, the measurements have improved...

waist - down 1.5
belly button - down 1
hip bone - down 1.5
outer thighs (when a stand with my feet together, it's the widest part of me, so i measured there) - down 0.75
right thigh - down a smidge
above right knee (don't laugh, there's an unsightly fat bulge there that i loathe) - down 0.5
right calf - down a smidge
under boob line (didn't measure there until 4/19, and i refuse to measure my actual bust) - down 0.5

so, even in a maintenance phase the numbers have improved!!! and, i am enjoying eating SO MUCH!! ironically, i am actually eating less sweets than before because i'm concentrating so much on the protein. i am hoping to start NROLFW soon. i finished the book and want to get started, but i gotta set up a workout space in the garage first. i've got the dirty girl mud run this weekend, so i'm thinking that i might just wait until after that.

i really love this whole lifestyle change. i really, really do.

Replies

• rebekahgo
    Options
    also...i'm looking to purchase a heart rate monitor. i've gotten recommendations from a few friends. what do you recommend?

so far, the polar ft7 is getting high rankings. is there any practical difference in the men's and women's models, or is it just style difference?
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! So glad to hear it since I'm still waiting, but reminders like this that it will come are so encouraging! Keep it up!:drinker: :happy:
  • IrishPiratess
    Options
    oh man! This is awesome! And inspiring!!! Im just starting week two of my eating more phase. And last week I was up 10lbs.
    And up two inches on waist and hips.
    Im not so sure that ive lost any of it, but we'll see when I get to the gym tonight. I'll take my measurements and see. (I try to not weigh myself any more)

GREAT JOB!!! keep it up!
  • rebekahgo
    Options
    oh man! This is awesome! And inspiring!!! Im just starting week two of my eating more phase. And last week I was up 10lbs.
    Im not so sure that ive lost any of it, but we'll see when I get to the gym tonight. I'll take my measurements and see. (I try to not weigh myself any more)

GREAT JOB!!! keep it up!

a whole bunch of that could just be water gain. i've never been a big water gainer, so maybe i got a bit less of that than most. some folks talk about feeling sloshy or puffy due to water retention, but i just don't feel that. i will notice the scale moving up and then a day that i pee alot and weigh less the next day, but i never really feel water retention and the fluctuations aren't huge (even with TOM being last week). so, hopefully you will pee off that 10 pounds soon. ;)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options

GREAT JOB!!! keep it up!

a whole bunch of that could just be water gain. i've never been a big water gainer, so maybe i got a bit less of that than most. some folks talk about feeling sloshy or puffy due to water retention, but i just don't feel that. i will notice the scale moving up and then a day that i pee alot and weigh less the next day, but i never really feel water retention and the fluctuations aren't huge (even with TOM being last week). so, hopefully you will pee off that 10 pounds soon. ;)

I wish I could pee off 30lbs!! haha!
  • IrishPiratess
    Options
    I swear that I pee 30 lbs everyday! LOL
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    also...i'm looking to purchase a heart rate monitor. i've gotten recommendations from a few friends. what do you recommend?

so far, the polar ft7 is getting high rankings. is there any practical difference in the men's and women's models, or is it just style difference?

Polar FT7 owner here for 3 months and happy about it. Difference between men's and women's models are the size and colors I think. Men's model is bigger.

If you live in USA, you will have no problem getting one on internet at a good price. In Canada, I had to buy one directly from a sport store because USA would not ship across border at a reasonnable price.
  • rebekahgo
    Options
    I swear that I pee 30 lbs everyday! LOL

blarg!!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Yes, very inspiring and gives hope to the rest of us newbies!