Nervous about my fitness changes!

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
Last night my husband started training me for my strength training sessions. I am used to focusing mainly on cardio, so not doing any cardio yesterday just felt weird. I totally got my heart rate up doing it, but it was just a new feeling that I am not totally used to. During bootcamp we do a lot with body weight resistance, but not weights, and then tons of cardio. I am still doing that twice a week, then strength 3 days. Hopefully this all pays off soon.

Replies

• sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It will! :) I went from training for and running a 10K to only running 2-3 miles 3 days a week, but doing more intense strength training 3 times a week. After 2 wks, I am seeing big changes for the better! Hang in there. You will like the results. :)
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    Thanks! I feel good about it. Just a little hesistant. But, I am trusting it.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh just wait...hun, I used to workout like crazy from the time I was 16 yrs old. Cardio bunny, that I was...after this last baby at almost 40...well you know my story...anyway, there is NOTHING that tones you like LIFTING WEIGHTS and going heavy. You just wait...I can't wait to her your tesitimony!!!!
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    Thanks, Lucia! I definitely started out heavier than I thought I could. I way underestimated my ability. Joe really pushed me. I am so excited to see what happens.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Embrace the iron, baby. That's where the changes happen ;)
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    All of you on here truly inspire me! I CAN'T WAIT!