First Date Tonight

Options
2»

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I rarely kiss on the first date, the ones that I have started off very hot and heavy but fizzled out rather quickly. I kind of like when there is a little bit of a build up. Plus it's usually awkward, especially if you're in a semi public place.

Yeah, the bar/restaurant we were at..we both parked right in front and there were people milling outside so would defintely have been awkward!

I follow Nike's motto of "Just Do It" on first date kisses and do not worry tremendously about setting. Granted, I'm spending the date assessing how open she is to the kiss, and I won't go for it if I don't get good indicators of interest. But considering how most first dates are in public places and how first dates feel unsatisfying without a kiss, it is good to get it done and have the peace of mind about where things stand.

This is part of why the offline introduction works better than online dating (not sure if Moe's date last night was online sourced), because your first date is really the 2nd time together in person and there's been an uncertainty reduction going into the evening. That's often a better frame of mind for the woman.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo!!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yay, so happy you had such a nice time!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yay! Go glad you had fun!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I follow Nike's motto of "Just Do It" on first date kisses and do not worry tremendously about setting. Granted, I'm spending the date assessing how open she is to the kiss, and I won't go for it if I don't get good indicators of interest. But considering how most first dates are in public places and how first dates feel unsatisfying without a kiss, it is good to get it done and have the peace of mind about where things stand.

This is part of why the offline introduction works better than online dating (not sure if Moe's date last night was online sourced), because your first date is really the 2nd time together in person and there's been an uncertainty reduction going into the evening. That's often a better frame of mind for the woman.
    Yeah if I'm just meeting someone for coffee or a drink for only an hour or so, that's a little too soon to go in for a kiss. And I don't think of it as unsatisfying at all, my goal for a first date is to see if we have any chemistry and if we want to see each other again, not just to try to get a kiss from someone I barely know. There's nothing wrong with taking things slow and getting to know somebody, but everybody seems do need some kind of reassurance.
  • ejoy319
    ejoy319 Posts: 104
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Very happy for you!!!:smile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Glad it went well!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it went awesome, yay!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Yipeeeeeeeeeee! :love: Another great date, the peeps are doing well!! :flowerforyou:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I rarely kiss on the first date, the ones that I have started off very hot and heavy but fizzled out rather quickly. I kind of like when there is a little bit of a build up. Plus it's usually awkward, especially if you're in a semi public place.

Yeah, the bar/restaurant we were at..we both parked right in front and there were people milling outside so would defintely have been awkward!

I guess I partially agree with DMZ here (maybe a first). I will kiss on the first date if I'm getting the right signals. I really enjoy kissing and feel it gives me a lot more information about a woman than talking ever will. In fact, I kissed my current girlfriend within the first hour of meeting her (she says it was about 20 minutes). When the attraction is there, I almost can't help myself.

I'm glad you found someone you like who likes you back. Enjoy! And, yes, keep us posted.