breathing correctly

Options
sbeck219
sbeck219 Posts: 9 Member
I am a horrible breather while running! if you was running by me you would prob think i was going to die! so how do you breathe correctly? in your nose out your mouth? deep breaths? need advise please

Replies

• fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    LOL on sounding like you are going to die. I know that feeling! I do best when I try to keep my breathing calm and rhythmic. I was a swimmer in high school and when swimming you have to breathe that way because otherwise you breathe a mouthful of water. I think that background helps me a lot even though I'm no longer a high school athlete. (sigh) "They" say that you are supposed to be able to carry on a conversation when you run and I can do that for about the first half then I can't. After that I need to take slow deep breaths through my nose and mouth.

If you google this I think you'll find lots of great info and even some exercises to help. Here's a link to get you started: http://www.livestrong.com/article/174742-correct-breathing-technique-while-running/

Good luck!
  • srob636
    srob636 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that article! Very informative. I didn't think I was using my nose at all when I ran but when I ran earlier this week it was stuffy and boy did I miss that extra bit of oxygen!