Do you have to lift weights for eating more to really work?

Options
XOchocolate
XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
Just a simple little question but I am curious to know if it is require to lift heavy weights to notice changes in your weight lost effort when your eating more? If you choose not to lift weights would you see any real difference in your weight lost mission. I am lifting weights a bit but when I tell people about what I am doing now should I tell them they HAVE to lift for it to work for them?

Maybe it's a silly question but I had to ask. :smile:
Thanks!

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Nope. All activity counts.

We just recommend the weights because it's the best way to attain the body composition changes that many are seeking. But it is not a necessity. The EM2WL is a lifestyle that each person adapts, and makes their own. We are not a one-size-fit-all group. We embrace the preference/differences in everyone :wink:

And no....it wasn't a silly question :smile:

You tell them, that eating more works for everyone...

Kiki
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I explain it like this-

We lose weight in the kitchen and we get reshaped in the gym. Weight lifting will reshape you better than cardio will. If you're a pear and do tons of cardio with no weights- then you'll just be a smaller pear in the end. If you are a pear and weight lift- then you can actually change your shape.

There are folks out there who love their shape and don't want to change- hey, can't argue with folks who like the way they look :D
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I explain it like this-

We lose weight in the kitchen and we get reshaped in the gym. Weight lifting will reshape you better than cardio will. If you're a pear and do tons of cardio with no weights- then you'll just be a smaller pear in the end. If you are a pear and weight lift- then you can actually change your shape.

There are folks out there who love their shape and don't want to change- hey, can't argue with folks who like the way they look :D

:heart:
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch!!! Just needed to make sure I getting this right.:flowerforyou: