Struggling with Week 6

Options
Hey you happy runners :)

I've now reached Week 6 of C25K and was quite happy with my journey til now.
Even though I managed the 20min at the end of Week 5 really well, I'm now totally overwhelmed with even the second day of Week 6.

Did you also suddenly start to struggle during the programme?

I'm just a bit discouraged now and need some advice :'D

Replies

• fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm actually holding at week 6 right now. After I completed week 6 day 2 my knees were in really bad shape and so since then I've kind of been doing intervals similar to those in weeks 5 and 6. I tried a week 6 day 2 last week and only made it through 8 minutes of the second ten minute run. But that's ok.... I'll get there eventually.

Maybe it will get a little better for you if you repeat the first 2 days of week 5 but add one extra 5 minute run at the end of each and then tackle week 6 again? Its perfectly fine to repeat and look how far you've come!
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! Think on how far you've come, and how well you've done so far.

I've just done W6D3 this morning, and I have to say that I think it has been the worst one so far. I run up quite a big hill on my route, and I think if I'd have kept going instead of having the walking break I would have been fine, but I sort of lost my momentum. I found it harder to get going again on the second running stretch, but I was determined not to let myself down on any of these runs.

I'm hoping that doing it all as one continuous run will actually be better, but it is still quite a scary prospect. However, where there's a will, there's a way, and I am definitely stubborn enough that I'm not going to let these runs beat me! :bigsmile:
  • HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm about to start week 6. I have definitely repeated a few days, when I felt off and couldn't complete them. There is nothing wrong with that, take the time you need and you'll surprise yourself in no time. It isn't a race to see who finished the program first, or the quickest.
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of "off" days in Week 6, I repeated one day, no big deal if you have to repeat. Just keep going at your own pace:flowerforyou:
  • srob636
    srob636 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are doing this together and Week 6 was the first week we had to repeat. We finished it the second time but it still felt hard. We are in the middle of week 7 now and I think the first 25 minute run was easier than Week 6! Just keep pushing, you'll get there!
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :)
    I repeated day 2 and 3 and am now continuing with week 7, even though I have to walk for about a minute during the run.