Lost Two Pounds Without Trying

Options
I started eating Paleo for about two weeks now. I haven't even been exercising (i feel off the wagon about three weeks ago). Today at the doctor's office I stepped on the scale and weighed two pounds less! I couldn't believe it! I haven't been doing anything but cutting out grains and potatoes and most sugar (okay I have cheated a few times). I know two pounds doesn't seem like a lot, but for someone who always seems to be GAINING weight this was a very happy surprise!

I also noticed that when I ate processed food this weekend (due to taking a last minute minivacation) I felt like crap. The waffles the hotel had was like glue in my mouth, I could barely swallow them. For lunch I had a cheese steak and my stomach was so upset afterwards. I am actually still hurting from the food. But I was glad I "cheated" because it really reinforced the change of lifestyle for me. I have to admit I was a little skeptical of any plan that allowed me to eat burgers and steaks (I LOVE BEEF) as long as I didn't eat the bread, but it is actually working.

Not only that but I FEEL so much better without all the processed crap. And even my two year old was turning up her nose at all those grains. She instead was asking for carrots and apples (which I packed thank goodness)

Replies

• kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I recently started paleo as well and have had fantastic results - clearer skin, weight loss, less bloating and all that other great stuff - and I'm trying hard to stick with it. I'm hoping that if I start straying it will be like getting sick after eating a certain food and never wanting to eat that food again! Great job with your little one, too! Keep it up.
  • kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well done, feels great to be feeling great doesn't it???