Tired of going to bed feeling stuffed

Options
lvondy
lvondy Posts: 76 Member
I've been trying to plan ahead and get most of my calories in during the earlier part of the day. It is hard for me though, being a teacher. I usually end up having to stuff myself at night, especially if I have a high burn on my exercise. Last night I couldn't even manage to net my BMR because I was so stuffed and could not fathom putting another bite of food in my mouth. I plan out my meals, sometimes days in advance, but I guess I need to start planning more calorie rich foods for breakfast and lunch. I feel like all I do all day long is plan out what I am going to eat! LOL =)

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. Learning how to eat normal, non-diet foods and spread it out equally through the day instead of saving so much for the end of the day so you won't go to bed hungry is weird!

I have gone to bed with that horrible stuffed feeling asking my husband "Why on earth do people think this is a GOOD feeling!!!" it was so uncomfortable! Planning in advance helps a LOT, it's what I do and I'm slowly retraining my mind and body to eat this way. It gets better and easier, promise! I know it has for me. :happy: although now sometimes I have to make sure I don't eat more than I should...my hunger is increasing now...a good sign my metabolism is kicking into gear!!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    I hear a lot of people say this and it definitely takes a little bit to learn to eat more throughout the day.

My breakfast now consists on a protein shake, banana and a homemade trail bar. Thus I get almost 600 calories in right away in the morning. And I know my metabolism is working because almost 2 hours after I get done eating my breakfast (which I am almost too full to finish), I'm starving again. So time for a small snack. Then 2 hours later is lunch. Then 2 hours later is another snack. Then another one after my workout and finally time for dinner.

Some days I feel like all I do is eat all day long, but I'm constantly hungry so I know I'm doing the right thing.

Feel free to look at my diary to see how you can fit it all in. It gets easier in time and sometimes you have to eat a little dirty to get all the calories in. :blushing:
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. i've been trying to fit a banana in the AM and if I'm low by dinner, I'll throw some avocado or greek yogurt in with dinner somewhere to get some extra healthy cals
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since my original metabolism reset, but I just went through that with my last bulk cycle. I was trying to keep my cals high enough to build some muscle, and 2300+ cals was pretty tough for me to get in. I had to do the same thing, and a REALLY hearty breakfast, lol, or else be faced w/a ton of cals to eat at night. So planning def helps.

Another thing to consider, which I know worked for Lucia when her cals were getting way up there (3000+ on high burn days), is to take the burns down a notch. I know it seems like an oxymoron, lol, but if you burn less, you don't have to eat as much. And if you're knocking down crazy high cal burns anyway, they're usually kinda counterproductive (unless you're training for a marathon or something?) So, depending on how high those burns are, you may wanna drop a bit.

Other than that, the usual, "eat good fats" suggestion always works when trying to get the cals up, lol...

Kiki
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hi :D

I'm here from your local Eat More Healthy Fat Council. We send out our representatives into the community to extol the benefits and virtues of a healthy level of fat in the diet.

Not only is fat what gives meat it's flavor- it also is responsible for balancing hormones, lubricating joints, regulating brain chemistry as well as giving a person shiny hair and smooth skin.

No longer to be shunned and abandoned on the side of the great Food Highway- fats are quickly being seen for the treasure trove of deliciousness and health that they are.

So bring forth the olive oils, nuts and peanut butters! Let flow the butter, red meat and eggs! Release your avocado love knowing you are improving your health and fueling your powerful workouts!

Rejoice in the new, and easier, way to eat enough calories to fuel yourself- delicious delicious fats. Now part of a balanced breakfast, no warranty implied, member FDIC, objects in fridge may be larger than they appear, void in NE.

Thank you for your time and attention,
    Your local 935 Eat More Healthy Fat Council representative.
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I'm here from your local Eat More Healthy Fat Council. We send out our representatives into the community to extol the benefits and virtues of a healthy level of fat in the diet.

Not only is fat what gives meat it's flavor- it also is responsible for balancing hormones, lubricating joints, regulating brain chemistry as well as giving a person shiny hair and smooth skin.

No longer to be shunned and abandoned on the side of the great Food Highway- fats are quickly being seen for the treasure trove of deliciousness and health that they are.

So bring forth the olive oils, nuts and peanut butters! Let flow the butter, red meat and eggs! Release your avocado love knowing you are improving your health and fueling your powerful workouts!

Rejoice in the new, and easier, way to eat enough calories to fuel yourself- delicious delicious fats. Now part of a balanced breakfast, no warranty implied, member FDIC, objects in fridge may be larger than they appear, void in NE.

haha!
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    I know it seems like an oxymoron, lol, but if you burn less, you don't have to eat as much. So, depending on how high those burns are, you may wanna drop a bit.

^^^This
  • witrixie2011
    Options

Best response I've seen in a long time!! :laugh: