what's your goal's?

Options
Justacoffeenut
Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
Hi everyone. My goal when I started MFP was to be down 18lbs by end of June. Now since I am already down 9 lbs I want to be down 18lbs from where I am now. So a total down from 28 lbs by end of June. That will still be a long way to go to Bikini wearing but will feel more confident in a swim suit. :smile:

I am trying to tone as I lose so not to have to much flabbyness. I am doing this by walking and this week at least working my core.

What about you guys. What are your goals and how are you going about it. Open to any exercise idea's as well.

Replies

• angrabus
    angrabus Posts: 4
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose 40 lbs...I'm down 9 so far! I too would like to tone as I lose so I'm not flabby. I would love to hear any good tips on toning. I do abs and 5-8 lb weights now. Hoping by June my body in a swimsuit won't scare too many!! LOL
  • camsmom0325
    Options
    I am a 26 year old mom of 2 little ones. My goal is to lose 30-35 lbs. I just started last Thursday and am down 4 lbs so Im on my way! I am doing the Special K diet and it seems to be working!
  • littlelily76
    littlelily76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am 36 and a mother of two girls. My youngest is 16 months and I am still holding onto about 20 pounds from that pregnancy. My goal is to get back down to that (170) and see how I feel there. I already work out about 4 times per week so I'm going to maintain that and try to get slowly back into jogging. My main challenge is my diet...and my love of wine :) I hope we can all help each other and be a source of inspiration. Melanie
  • aprilndp
    aprilndp Posts: 10
    Options
    I am 34 and a mom of 2. I have lost 16 lbs and want to lose 49 more. I keep losing little amounts but hey I am still losing and not going up the scale.
  • kelcxx
    kelcxx Posts: 2
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose 40lbs. I have lost 20 so far! I started in January. Not coming off as fast as Id like but oh well what can ya do? I really want to start getting rid of some extra flab around my midsection! any ideas on the best way to do this?
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I found some great exercise idea's at www.exercise.com
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Hi al, I am a 39 yr old mum of 1. I am in week 11 of Michelle Bridges 12 week challenge and loving it. Anyone lese doing this programme? I have 4 kg to go (not sure what this is in lbs) and these are proving hard to shift. Goal is to be bikini hot for holiday to Rarotonga mid June.
  • brittney9491
    Options
    My overall goal is to lose 100 lbs. I haven't lost the baby fat from having my son yet and I am on my own now and doing everything on my own time with no interference.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im a mother of 2 and Im looking to lose about 60lbs. Feel horrible Ive let it get this bad but I want to be back down to about 125. Would love more support and friends!!! :)
  • Dott2009
    Dott2009 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am a SAHM of an almost 9 month old. I want to lose about 22 lbs. I am doing C210K and Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Food is my biggest challenge, and I hate logging it. Good luck to everyone!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am mostly concerned about losing some upper body weight, or at least toning up. I studied biology in college and found a great interest in the human body and how it works. My favorite way to stay healthy and get in shape (exercise-wise) is through high intensity interval training (HIIT). This method has been so effective! I am fairly active, but I found that steady and consistent cardio didn't do a lot for me as far as losing weight. HIIT has been showing some pretty amazing results though. On days that I don't do HIIT, I do weights because muscle builds on muscle and fat does not stick to muscle. If you guys want to discuss any of these methods with me, feel free to add or message me!

As far as personal improvements go, I would like to have a healthier diet. I switched careers and am currently in culinary school where we don't eat and make the healthiest dishes in the world. I would love tips and advice on how and what to eat healthier.
  • dreamlily
    dreamlily Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm new to MFP- started 2 days ago, have two girls and a wonderful husband, and I want to lose 19 pounds by the end of July- We have a vacation planned to S Florida- the beaches are so beautiful, and I just want to feel better in the swimsuit! I'm 42 years old, and my old method of walking / tracking my steps is just not working the weight off anymore- Have started some small intervals of walking with jogging over the last week and starting to feel better, but weight's staying the same. Hoping that increasing intensity and logging the calories will help.
    I'm soaking up everyone's advice- thanks so much!
  • DrPrev
    DrPrev Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a 38year-old mother of 4 (ages 9,7,4,and 9 months). I have lost 35 pounds since our youngest was born but I still have at least 20-30 lbs. to go. Through the fall I was going to the gym early every morning (5-6 days a week). Winter was a tough time and so I took on a trainer two mornings a week and was thrilled if I got any additional cardio in. I hit a wall in March. Now i am just starting with a new trainer who is building me a program that I can run with 3 days a week independently. Working out is fine (ahough some days I feel I need to move more!), it's the eating that can easily get away from me during the week. I am looking for like minds to help motivate!
  • Pinkgoldturquoise
    Pinkgoldturquoise Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im 155lbs and my goal is 140lbs....Im 5"10 :)
    It doesn't seem to be really happening though!! :)