Just joined

Options
Hi all! I'm happy to find this group! I really only want/need to lose about 10 more pounds and would love to have some friends with similar goals.

Not that I'm against people motivating me, but I'm sick of people commenting on a 0.2 pound weight loss and telling me to "keep my head up" and "the pounds will start coming off soon." Cripe. Some of them don't understand that I don't have 50 pounds to lose. There is no way I'm going to lose 5 pounds per week (or want to). 1/2 pound - 1 pound per week in incredible to me, not discouraging. If I lost 50 pounds, I'd weigh 108 and the weight of my boobs would probably knock me over.

At the same time, I can't help but feel discouraged when I see 50+ pounds lost in people's tickers. I need to remind myself that my adventure (will not use journey :sick: ) is different from theirs and try not to get it in my head that I'm not doing enough.

For now - I'm trying to eat healthy and get some exercise, but by no means consider myself to be on a diet. Please add me - I could use the support from people in my boat!

Replies

• FitnessDivaK
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm just joined this group as well!!! Currently, I'm 137.6 lbs, and my goal weight is 130. I've never had a huge "weight problem". For the most part I've always been between 125-140 lbs, which is within the healthy BMI range for my height (5'3"). It's not so much the number on the scale that I need to see shift, I just want to like what I see when I look in the mirror. I'm a curvy body type: big boobs hips and booty and I LOVE my shape (Thanks mom. Lol)! I just want to tighten some problem areas: tummy and arms. I know that I can't spot reduce, so right now I'm just working on toning and getting in shape overall. I started a training plan this week and I'm blogging as I go to keep myself motivated. (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FitnessDivaK). I'm hoping that this group can help keep me motivated and maybe I can also motivate others :-)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome FitnessDivaK and jeeping_mom.

jeeping_mom, I have to mention that boobs are usually the first to lose fat.:laugh: Please do not worry about other's opinions. What you are doing is for yourself and not for anyone else. We are all in about the same place so you will not get any grief here.

FitnessDivaK, you are doing the right thing but toning. You should be seeing some wonderful results.