omg what do i do now?!

courtneymal17
courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
I FINISHED!!!! The last three weeks got jumbled up with travel and such, but I've now run 3.1 miles 3 times without stopping! I'ma terribly slow runner (it takes me 50ish mins to run the 5k!) but I can't believe I can actuall run for that long! I'm registered for a 5k this saturday and next! It'll be my first (2) atempts to run the whole race!

Replies

• Starbec
    Starbec Posts: 43 Member
    Yay! Big congrats to you - thats such an achievement!
    Now to start work on the 10k :wink:
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Wow, congrats to you! Your speed will improve, the more you run- so don't even worry about that. Can't wait to be able to run all of that! (I'm almost done with week 4.)
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Congratulations, runner! What a great feeling!

There are follow on programs for 8k and 10k distances that are similar to the c25k program. After I finished the c25k last time, I took some time to enjoy running at that distance (about a month) before I started the other 10k plan. I was sidelined by an (unrelated to running) injury, but it seemed to be a nice progression. I think it was "gateway to 10k"

Have fun at your race!
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Grats! :flowerforyou:

What u gonna do now... well... RUN!!! :bigsmile:

haha but yeah, I've seen some simillar programs for 10k, so might b a nice upgrade in the future!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    I'm planning on working on my speed once I finish the original programme. Perhaps by jog/sprint intervals. Then bridge to 10K.

:-)
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 441 Member
    Awesome!!!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 274 Member
    Congratulations!!!! Awesome achievement! Looking forward to my graduation day in a few weeks too. What better way to celebrate than to start signing up for a bunch of 5ks!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Congratulations!!!! Awesome achievement! Looking forward to my graduation day in a few weeks too. What better way to celebrate than to start signing up for a bunch of 5ks!

haha yes! I'm already addicted to running races...I've done two so far but I walked large parts of both of those. I have two the next two saturdays which are just straight 5ks, then I'm signed up for the color run in July! I can't wait for that, it looks like an AWESOME time! I've also got a TON of races on a list of ones I'd love to do lol...I'd also like to try a warrior dash or something similar to it :)

oh, and yes, I definitely plan on doing bridge to 10k, but I want to run 5k for a bit, but maybe one day a week just run til I want to stop or something. I definitely need to get faster, so intervals definitely might help. My 'goals' are to get faster this summer and at some point before the end of the year to run a 10k. If I think I'm ready or can be ready I'd LOVE to sign up for the Disney Princess half marathon in February, but Disney has a rule that you have to run at a 16 minute a mile pace or faster, and that scares me lol!
  • latashababygirl
    latashababygirl Posts: 10 Member
    GREAT JOB, I'm so excited for you. I agree just keep on running and maybe do it for speed this time.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Congrats!! I am so proud of you! I would love to run a Disney race after I finish c25k (week 4) and b210k. I did not know of that rule reagrding pace. Keep up posted!!

Congrats again!