Who's following JMBR meal plan?

Options
Tanya0927
Tanya0927 Posts: 23 Member
I just received my JMBR set today and as I was looking through the meal plan I wasn't thrilled, I'm kind of a picky eater. I do want desperately to lose 20+ pounds but just don't know if I can stomach many things in her plan. I was wondering if others are having success following other meal plans or calorie counts etc. any tips of advice if much appreciated! ;-)

Replies

• azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am sucking it up and doing the kickstart diet even though I don't like to eat/prepare a lot of the food. Sometime I substiute for similar nutritional/calorie value (like vanilla greek yogurt instead of plain). The big thing with the kickstart is high protein, low carb and no extra sugar or grains. I cheat with the occassional popcorn, but overall I try to keep at the goals of the plan. I haven't done an official weigh in, but my sneak peak this morning put me 2.5 pounds down and one inch less around the belly in five days.

For the next 90 days I will try to up my protein like she recommends and reduce my proccessed foods and will use her meal plan as a guide. Jillian does know what she is doing when it comes to fitness and weight loss, so I am willing to give her method a try. And who knows, I may end up finding I like all that fish. Turns out the greek yogurt is pretty good (with the vanilla).
  • landlockedlove
    landlockedlove Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm following the meal plan about 85% and I really, really love it. I should add that I already ate pretty similar food before starting the program, though. We've been an entirely organic household for the last 3 years, and eat a lot of fruit and veg and lean meats. We also ate way too much butter, heavy cream, booze, etc. Just because food is organic doesn't make it healthy!

There were some foods I was wary of before starting the program. I used to DESPISE (I mean really, honestly despise) avocados and raw tomatoes. Now? The poached egg with tomatos, avocado, and turkey bacon is my FAVORITE breakfast. It's so funny how your tastes can change.

I'm mid-way through the program (Week Seven, Day 46) and so far I've lost 14lbs. I firmly believe that a lot of that is due to clean eating and following the meal plan. When I deviate, I stick within the calorie range, and still eat clean, whole foods. There are just some recipes I used to love, that fit in with the philosphy of the program and the calorie count, so every now and then I will make one of those instead of a BR meal. But 85%--if not more--of my meals are from the plan, and I've come to really enjoy them. Even though the calories are low, I've never struggled with hunger. For me, the balance of food works; I feel full and energized.

I'd really encourage you to give the meal plan a shot!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am following in for everything except dinner (because our dinners are pretty healthy as it is).

It is a lot of prepwork for some of those lunches (roasted veggies one, stuffed peppers). I find them tastey and love the fact that they are cooked and in the freezer-- all I have to do is bring it to work with me! So yeah, I'll take the time to make them on Sunday so I am set for the week. Also like the tomato/avo wrap thingy. Not a fan of the salads though--not filling enough for me.

I love greek yogurt, but can not eat 1 cup of it at a time! I have some around 3 pm and then some around 4:45 (after I get home from work). It's been beneficial to have that protein to keep me full until dinner.

I also may throw in a random snack (banana, apple, snackwells treat) after dinner.

It has really helped me to eat a better breakfast and more substantial lunch. I am not having sugar crashes like I was before (I have hypoglycemia--- random low blood sugar attacks)-- at least I haven't had one so far (4 weeks in)!!! :) I don't feel deprived at all on the plan!

Good luck!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    While I've made a few of her recipes and really enjoyed them, I couldn't stick to 1200 calories a day and be a happy person. My body was screaming for more food.

I now eat 1700 calories a day....mostly all clean foods. I've gotten away from processed junk for the most part.