So I must confess...

Options
angleu
angleu Posts: 140 Member
I reset my goals to match what I am supposed to be eating which is 1900 a day. I exercise at least 5 days a week. switching between cardio and strength. I have a HRM so I can keep track of what I'm exactly burning which is almost always just above 200 calories on cardio days.

I do admit some weekends going out screw up my counting calories, like this past weekend but I didn't gain from it. And it's not something i do every weekend. Maybe twice a month.

I have not once hit the 1900 mark I'm supposed to be at. I'm above my bmr, which is 1401, sometimes more or right at it. I spent fall and winter eating what I wanted. Once I started MFP in late Jan. I only ate 1200 for two weeks. I was never at a deficit (1200 calories plus workout) for long before i reset MFP to lose 1lb a week not 2lbs.

If I am eating at over my BMR shouldn't I still loose weight? The whole nutshell here is I'm getting married in 2 months. Honestly I'm a bit freaked out to eat 1900 calories and gain. I would love to just lose 5lbs before then make another small goal after.

But I'm also confused if I didn't have a unhealthy deficit for long 2 weeks tops why can't i lose eating above my bmr and that's net..Maybe I just need someone to hold my hand to eat more..lol I don't know If I wasn't getting married I would jump right to it.. I CANNOT get into my 170's I have been at 180.2 180.6 181.4 for over a month. probably longer truth be told. Oh and I do try to hit my 30% 30% 40% but come to think of it that's at 1900 calories that I'm not eating..lol

UGH! Just tell me to eat more. I've been stewing over it for over a month watching the scale not move.

P.S I have lost a inch off my waist so I know the scale isn't everything but at 180 I want to see it go down as well..

End rant

Replies

• angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My cousin said to me this afternoon that with the amount of stress in my life my body might be holding on to the weight. Anyone experience anything like this? And bump...
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You gotta hit your TDEE cut weight!

If your eating at your BMR, your are just giving your body enough calories to funtion (BRM = what you burn basically lying in bead all day, to power your muscles, your organs ect). You need to give your body the EXTRA fuel to burn for everything else you do.

The best recommendation I got is, hit your TDEE cut goal (yours is 1900 i gather) regardless of what you are doing, and make sure your TDEE cut target - daily exercise does not go below your BMR. If it does eat back the extra calories.

Hit that TDEE cut targert! If you are at your TDEE cut and hitting it consistently for a couple of weeks and still not losing, then bump it up by 100 calories and test for a couple of weeks.

Also burn your scale. Measure yourself. Your scale might not move as you gain lean mass, and lose fat (muscle weighs more than fat). You actually could be losing inches, but staying the same weight

Remember, only YOU see the scale...we all see the INCHES! :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Eat More!

It gets easier, you just gotta do it. Once I started eating more within a few days I started getting hungry again. Now my body begs for pre-bedtime peanut butter it has come to love.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You gotta hit your TDEE cut weight!

If your eating at your BMR, your are just giving your body enough calories to funtion (BRM = what you burn basically lying in bead all day, to power your muscles, your organs ect). You need to give your body the EXTRA fuel to burn for everything else you do.

The best recommendation I got is, hit your TDEE cut goal (yours is 1900 i gather) regardless of what you are doing, and make sure your TDEE cut target - daily exercise does not go below your BMR. If it does eat back the extra calories.

Hit that TDEE cut targert! If you are at your TDEE cut and hitting it consistently for a couple of weeks and still not losing, then bump it up by 100 calories and test for a couple of weeks.

Also burn your scale. Measure yourself. Your scale might not move as you gain lean mass, and lose fat (muscle weighs more than fat). You actually could be losing inches, but staying the same weight

Remember, only YOU see the scale...we all see the INCHES! :)

MIKE, NICE!!!!!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Lucia - I am a very quick learner :)