Can I cut at my TDEE - 1000 calories?

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Hey Guys,

Question, I am just wondering if I can cut at my TDEE minus 1000 calories to try and target 2lbs a week lost.

My TDEE is 3944, so if I ate 2944, and paying attention not to go below my BMR (2544) on days I work out.

I am just trying to get this going, as my weight is all over the place for the past 8 days eating more :)

Replies

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I think I'd start with the -20% from your TDEE which would be about 3150. Give it a month and see how you do.

Although, I can understand wanting it to go faster believe me!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    If I'm understanding correctly, it's been 8 days since you upped cals? Your body may need more time. Going back down too soon could possibly keep your metabolism revving up the way it should. At least that's what I think. ??
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Ya I know..... I need the Yoda of Fitness on my shoulder saying "Patience young padawan, ready to lower calories you are not"

Ok nerd reference done for the day.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Ya I know..... I need the Yoda of Fitness on my shoulder saying "Patience young padawan, ready to lower calories you are not"

LOL! Oh, a good laugh for the morning! My new mantra while I wait for some personal results! :laugh:
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Patience and more importantly consistence is what we all need to learn. :smile:
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Haha, I repeat in my head all the time "patience young grasshopper." This is my new motto for right now though, because I am right there with ya!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Hahahaha, that made me giggle!!!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Question, I am just wondering if I can cut at my TDEE minus 1000 calories to try and target 2lbs a week lost.

My TDEE is 3944, so if I ate 2944, and paying attention not to go below my BMR (2544) on days I work out.

I am just trying to get this going, as my weight is all over the place for the past 8 days eating more :)

MIKE...NO! LOL...your weight is all over the place because it is shocked that it is getting fueled...just hold on...trust the process....anything worth having in life takes time...moderation is key. Drastic cuts throws the body into shock. You just started tellign your body, here is some food, then you say no I changed my mind...just be patient. Wait 6wks, let's see how you are trending, if anything we will start cutting by 100 cals....NEVER 1000 at one whop. This is a life long journey.

I really think your body is just stabilizing...You lift HEAVY, go hard in that weight room and do HIIT at least twice a week. Be patient...the wait will come off Mike...it will;-)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi just wanted to say stick with it!

I'm 7 weeks in to eating more & only this week have I started to see the scale move significantly down!!

I have around 30lbs to lose & was worried I was eating too much as I'm eating at goal-weight maintainence but have stuck with it & have never felt better : )
  • jyska
    Options
    Hi just wanted to say stick with it!

I'm 7 weeks in to eating more & only this week have I started to see the scale move significantly down!!

I have around 30lbs to lose & was worried I was eating too much as I'm eating at goal-weight maintainence but have stuck with it & have never felt better : )

I needed to read this. I spent YEARS at a VLCD so I worry it will take me a very long time for my body to 'reset'. It gives me a good thing to hold on to knowing that if it takes more than 6 weeks that is ok...just keep on truckin'....it might be a long haul.
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Whew jeez Mike- had me scared there at the beginning of the thread.

Patience you will learn, young master!
  • jyska
    Options

I think that's supposed to be 'Learn, you will!" lol
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Nah- I'm Southern. I'd say 'This'll Learn Ya, Young Fellah!'
    :D
  • jyska
    Options

Nah- I'm Southern. I'd say 'This'll Learn Ya, Young Fellah!'
    :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh, my...belly hurts from laughter!