Just realized that I am succeeding!

Options
We started a contest at work in January and as of mid March, I was down 17 pounds. I was doing weight watchers. Around that time I started doing Jillian Michaels body revolution. I was working out twice a day and eating 1200 calories. I lost 4 pounds the first week. I was starving. I went down to one workout per day and stayed at 1200 calories. After finishing the first month, I was starving and still hadn't lost any more weight. I was so frustrated and confused. I really felt like I should be losing. That is when I found this group and started eating more. It made sense and I was definitely sick of starving so I gave it a try. It has been aprroximately 16 days since I started upping my calories. The first several days, I only went up to 1400-1600. After that, I jumped up to my TDEE-15% which is 1950. Anyway, I still have not lost a pound BUT it occurred to me that I still weigh 165. This is exactly what I weighed when I started upping my calories. I have upped my calories by more than 700/day and haven't gained! woohoo! I'm not starving! I feel good and satisfied. I am down inches too. I look forward to the scale actually going down and I am fairly confident that it will! Thank you so much for this group!

Replies

• justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    WTG :) Doesn't it feel so much better? I find myself so much happier now LOL
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    These posts are so exciting to read! Glad I found this group of people. :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! It feels great to eat and not feel the least bit guilty, right?
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    THIS is exactly what i needed to hear!! I just upped my cals from the mfp "recc" 1200 to 1400...which isnt my TDEE -15% but im working on it!! its sooo mental, its only been a few days (um, like 2)

does anyone on this board like to calculate #'s LOL. i think i figurd it out but math + me = not friends

!!!!

WTG tho
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    We started a contest at work in January and as of mid March, I was down 17 pounds. I was doing weight watchers. Around that time I started doing Jillian Michaels body revolution. I was working out twice a day and eating 1200 calories. I lost 4 pounds the first week. I was starving. I went down to one workout per day and stayed at 1200 calories. After finishing the first month, I was starving and still hadn't lost any more weight. I was so frustrated and confused. I really felt like I should be losing. That is when I found this group and started eating more. It made sense and I was definitely sick of starving so I gave it a try. It has been aprroximately 16 days since I started upping my calories. The first several days, I only went up to 1400-1600. After that, I jumped up to my TDEE-15% which is 1950. Anyway, I still have not lost a pound BUT it occurred to me that I still weigh 165. This is exactly what I weighed when I started upping my calories. I have upped my calories by more than 700/day and haven't gained! woohoo! I'm not starving! I feel good and satisfied. I am down inches too. I look forward to the scale actually going down and I am fairly confident that it will! Thank you so much for this group!

Oh man, that is just awesome! Let me know if your weight doesn't start to slide down...wait a good 6wks, if it stays the same..bump 100...:-) I know it sounds crazy...
  • jmmscccslp
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I will let you know if the weight doesn't go down but I have a feeling it will. In the meantime, I'm loving eating! lol
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend got me that weird look when I told him : "yeah, I will eat more and lose weight".

Been at it for almost a week and scale just recently dropped a little. I'm glad to see I don't take any pound and that I feel more energy.

In some weeks, when I'll feel comfortable, I can talk my mom into this. Because I feel right now if I tell her that I need to increse my eating, she will have bad thoughts about it.

Thanks for all those comments, help keeping motivation !