Up my calories again? HELP!!!

Options
ANeWcRe8N
ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
So about a month half ago I upped my calories to 1800 (although I didn't always eat them all, stayed about 1600-1800 most days) and took a break from working out for a week and lost about 5lbs, since then, nada :grumble: My question is, should I up my calories again? It's been over a month and nothing.. starting to feel discouraged again since before then I had not lost anything in over 5months :sad: This plateau is weighing me down and I need to do something fast.. I figured come here and ask you guys to see what you think.. ?

Replies

• obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Maybe change up what you are eating? Or you could do more calories some days less other days... I can't see your food diary you have it locked to check that. What are you doing for workouts? Some change there might make the scale budge too.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    What's your TDEE? What have you consistently been netting? What's your BMR?

Let's re-run the numbers :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, what is your cut value? Tdee - 15%? If you are not there, then UPPPPP! I had to do that myself...got me moving again!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Maybe change up what you are eating? Or you could do more calories some days less other days... I can't see your food diary you have it locked to check that. What are you doing for workouts? Some change there might make the scale budge too.

I was doing supreme 90 but just started turbo fire and I'm on week 2 with that program. I don't eat clean completely but for the most part I do. Besides these 5 lbs that I lost last month, I have not lost any weight since August and even then it was a couple of pounds and nothing much before that. I'm back n forth on eating more. I feel like what if its too much but then something tells me I'm not eating enough. confused

Well I've went to a couple of tdee and bmr calculators and they are confusing and not sure which one to use.. one says bmr is 1137 and another say7s 1579... My TDDE ranges from 2166 to 3210 :huh: confusing. I had my calorie goals to 1800 and was eating would try and add another 200 for workouts and after those 5lbs it just stalled again. I net about 1600 - 2000 depending on workout. Since turbo fire I've been burning way more and thinking I need to change my calorie goal just not sure to what. What tdde calculator do yall recommend??