Something is changing!

Options
gypsybug
gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
Well since I started eating my BMR plus all exercise calories (yes I had to do the baby steps method because I am a chicken bwok bwoook!) I went up roughly 4 pounds. I then went even higher with time of the month and had a few days of sheer panic and freaking out. I got to the other side only because I long ago figured out that my body will only show my losses one week out of a month. (Oh it so pains me) My lovely cycle packs on water weight the week before ToM, maintains or increases week of, then takes it's sweet time the third week to release it. I totally blame it for all my past failures thinking I just couldn't do it....lol....yep....allllllll aunt flo.

Today, the scale started coming back down from panic land. I'm still not at my pre-calorie increase weight, but it's going down. Sigh....holycrapthankyougodthankyouladiesofeatmoreweighlessthankyoumfp!!!!!!

So hopefully the next few days will see it continue that trend. My latest discovery, today in fact...is that I'm SOOOOOO hungry!!

I strength train 3X a week, cardio 3X a week (opposite days) and I do yoga on my rest day.

I am thinking perhaps I should take that final plunge and bump up the last 160 or so calories. My TDEE is 2270, making my -15% cut 1930 with a BMR of 1460. By setting my goal at 1460 then eating my exercise calories, my average intake per day has been 1770. I'm still struggling with hitting my macros, but I'm getting there.

Thoughts? Am I entering some crazy thermopyrotechnic burning phase where my body has suddenly realized there is actually fuel to be had?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking with it!!! It sounds easy but in reality is much more difficult than it appears at first blush.

You can go up- you have a little wiggle room there :)

Have you gotten the energy rush yet? That was one of the symptoms when I knew my body was recovering. Energy (started bouncing my foot and hadn't done that in years!), sweating, regular bowel movements, hair grew and became thick again- so much started to happen and none of it was on the scale or where I thought it would be lol
  • jmmscccslp
    Options
    good for you! that's awesome!
  • jmmscccslp
    Options
    Congrats on sticking with it!!! It sounds easy but in reality is much more difficult than it appears at first blush.

You can go up- you have a little wiggle room there :)

Have you gotten the energy rush yet? That was one of the symptoms when I knew my body was recovering. Energy (started bouncing my foot and hadn't done that in years!), sweating, regular bowel movements, hair grew and became thick again- so much started to happen and none of it was on the scale or where I thought it would be lol

I can't wait for the energy boost! I've been at it for 16 days and so far, very tired! When might I expect this energy boost?
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

I can't wait for the energy boost! I've been at it for 16 days and so far, very tired! When might I expect this energy boost?

Depends- I got an energy boost around 1600, then 1800, then 2000. After that I got bone-weary; think washed up finally on land after being at sea for ages. My body was SO TIRED and was finally ready to realize I wasn't going to stop feeding it- so I personally think it needed the rest.
  • gypsybug
    Options
    Huh...yeah now that you mention it. I've been doing all kinds of nervous energy things today and yesterday. The foot jiggle, the walking around the office because I cannot sit still in my chair, heck I'm wiggling my butt as I type this. I didn't realize that was anything at all. My body has felt so fatigued for so long, especially since I added weight training, I'm kind of getting used to it. I still feel tired right now, almost noodly, so maybe I'm just seeing the bare beginnings of it.

I'd love it if my hair would thicken up, and actually, come to think of it, I've been sweating a LOT more in my workouts. I've never been much of a sweater. I just turn beet red and freak people out. I've had people try and stop me during a 5K because they thought I was going to pass out haha....
  • jmmscccslp
    Options

Depends- I got an energy boost around 1600, then 1800, then 2000. After that I got bone-weary; think washed up finally on land after being at sea for ages. My body was SO TIRED and was finally ready to realize I wasn't going to stop feeding it- so I personally think it needed the rest.

That is exactly how I have been feeling for 4 or 5 days! Can't wait to get my new energy like you ladies!
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Hang in there!

I increased my calories on April 9th. I think I ate a moderate diet before that but then joined MFP in January which put my calorie goal at 1400 when my BMR is estimated at 1555. So after finding this group I increased my calories and just this week noticed that I sweat a lot more when I workout. I think part of it was that I just didn't have enough fuel to workout hard enough, but now I am adjusting and my body can MOVE again!
    Still waiting for the scale to move down.......but I also took my measurements for the first time last week and am excited to see what they will be in a few weeks.

Keep up the good work!
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Gypsybug, how long since you started on the EMTWL path?
  • gypsybug
    Options
    Gypsybug, how long since you started on the EMTWL path?

I officially changed my goal settings on April 11th. I dabbled a bit here and there beforehand before deciding to just commit. So it took my body just over two weeks to settle down. I'm still not sure exactly where it has settled lol. That still remains to be seen. I didn't have any weight change this morning, but I had a salty dinner last night so that could account for that.
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Also on the eat more to weigh less bandwagon, also TOM and up 2 lbs. Also taking the slow route, 2000 one week 2100 the next, now finally my reccommended for my goal weight. Just finished my freak out, TOM hormonal revenge. So hope that ol scale goes down but three weeks and nuttin yet. Bummer I so wanna be on that other side like so many of you. How long did it take you?