Strength Training: what are you doing?

Options
I would love some more info on workouts everyone is doing because after I am done with my current program I want to continue strength training and may want to change it up. I know about the NROLFW and I do Chalean Extreme so what else is everyone doing?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I do Stronglifts, personally. I like picking up heavy things and then setting them down again lol

We've got folks doing Cathe STS, Stronglifts, Starting Strength, NROL4W, The Wing Plan (winging it.. get it? eh? ahh ok lol) and then no strength training at all (though they might come around eventually :D )
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Is Strong Lifts something you have to do at home? I don't have access to a gym live 45 minutes from any where LOL. Don't like the Wing Plan so much LOL :laugh:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yep- you can do Stronglifts at home. Really any weight lifting program you can do at home. Free weights are especially easy for this (and beneficial for other reasons as well) because they don't take up tons of room when you're not using them. There are collapsable benches you can buy that store under beds too. Lots of stuff out there

Also- a barbell makes a great air dryer for clothes lol I have a load drying on mine right now :D
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help gemiwing.

I have been doing p90 Sculpt, but I just ordered my first set of weights and will start strong lifts in a week or 2.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I'm halfway through the program and plan on doing the CXL/TF hybrid when I'm done!

I love the BR program but for someone who's already done the CXL, you may find it a bit boring...unless you kick it up a notch and use heavy weights!
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of variants of the following four-chapter workout, with active rest (3 min treadmill or one minute kettlebell swings in between each chapter):

Chapter 1: ABS
    Turkish get-ups with a small kettlebell
    Plank or sideplank
    Reverse crunches
    (repeat above)

Chapter 2: LOWER
    Squats
    Lunges
    Side lunges
    (repeat above)

Chapter 3: CHEST/PUSH
    Bench DBs
    Pushups on Bosu
    Overhead press variant
    (repeat above)

Chapter 4: BACK/PULL
    Lat pulldown
    Cable row on bosu
    Curls on balance board
    (repeat above)

followed by the ever-popular smoothie set ; )