What dosha type are you?

Options
2»

Replies

• returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's great that you have a local practitioner whose guidance you can seek! Definitely let us know how it goes.
  • ornumc
    ornumc Posts: 23
    Options
    I HAVE experienced that my chronic lower back pain caused by stress has mostly gone and I have lost weight by eating almost exclusively Kapha pacifying food. I totally agree that you have to show yourself compassion, something a Buddhist monk told me last summer when I was telling him about all the things I felt I should do and be. Now to work on my daily routine - BIG challenge so far :-)
    In my opinion, having compassion and love for yourself, honing skills of self-awareness, and consistent practice of techniques such as pranayama (deep breathing), and meditation are critical as well.

I totally agree with Jen. I haven't noticed that eating Ayurvedically has impacted my stress levels, although having a daily routine has brought me some comfort. Having compassion for yourself is so, so important as well.
  • loriliebike
    Options
    Hello everyone. My constitution is Pitta-Kapha, however, I am dealing with a Kapha imbalance. I went to an Ayurvedic practitioner two years ago after many years of reading about Ayurveda. I find this science to be very interesting. It all makes so much sense. With that said, I must say I have not followed what I learned. No excuses, but I let my life get in the way and I dropped the routines and recommended diet (Huge mistake). I was glad to find this group in hopes that I might be able to reconnect with the principles. I will be taking baby steps this time. I usually overdo it, become totally "into it" and then something gets in the way and I drop it completely. I'll try to update you on my progress. Also, I thought you might be interested in the following website which is entertaining as well as informative.

www.heymonicab.com

Lorilei
  • returntorural
    Options
    What a charming website with lots of good info. Thanks for sharing!
  • FitChicFab2013
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the site, will have a proper look tonight :)
  • readbooks25
    Options
    I am kapha all the way! Still learning the terms, practices, etc. Where do you get ayurvedic supplies? I'm looking for kapha spices and tea, especially.

Thanks!

Dianne
  • returntorural
    Options
    Hi Dianne!

Making your own teas is best and super easy but you can find all kinds of supplies at http://shop.ayurveda.com/

t
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Vata Pitta?
  • lenatilde
    lenatilde Posts: 18
    Options
    I am a dual dosha of pitta kapha - pitta mind and kapha body (of course!), which I think is a grand combo :)
  • vgurgel
    vgurgel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think I´m kapha. Not jut because of the weight, but other physical traces as well.
  • jeremymetcalf10
    Options
    Predominately pitta. I've put myself on a diet of jasmine rice, green peas, celery, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green beans, pineapple, mango, red grapes, navel oranges, sweet potatoes, and mung beans.

Sounds like a lot, I know. But using myfitnesspal to monitor my calories, it's working great! By the eating vegan since 4-10-14, lost three pounds.
  • LivingwithGrace
    Options
    Is this group still active? I am currently a student at New World Ayurveda and would like to connect with folks here on this site who may be studying as well. I'm finding many misconceptions about Ayurveda and dosha balancing and would love some honest conversation about it.
  • clairevoyage
    Options
    I'd love to follow this topic, I'm only a beginner with learning about Ayurveda, would love to see intelligent discussion!

Oh, and I have a pitta dosha.