Should I eat ANYTHING?

Options
Hi,
I am starting on this journey of eating more to weigh less. I set my numbers and was shocked to find out that I still need about 600 calories to get to my bmr. I always try to get 30 percent protein and I am close to that today. If I try and get a quick 600 calories, it will throw off my macros.
So, I am not sure if I am supposed just eat the quick calories?
Thanks for the input.

Replies

• justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least your BMR, but really you need to eat your cut. What about a nice protein shake? It's okay to go over a macro afaik. I go over protein almost daily now that I drink the protein shakes and pay more mind to my food.

Now, I wouldn't go eat a pint of ice cream, but maybe some peanut butter and carrots/celery? That would be about 250 calories there :) Maybe some cheese? How is your fats?
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have "go to" foods for those situations. Because I'm tending toward high volume/low cal foods more often, it can be hard for me to net my BMR unless I don't exercise. Even then it is not easy.

I just bought some protein shakes (32 g per bottle, which is 2 servings). I drink those or some kefir (140 cals, 11 g protein per serving) in a pinch.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Nut Butters, nuts, eggs, potatoes, avocado, olive oil, etc. All of those are VERY calorie dense foods that pack an amazing nutritional punch. I still battle my sugar in my macros, but its ok. Nobody eats perfect EVERY DAY.
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    Thanks so much for the input! I was unprepared for that last night and will make sure to get to the store for some yummy options. I look forward to getting to know everyone more.