6 WEEK JUMP START TO SUMMER CHALLENGE

Options
HAMMBONE
HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
Hi everyone.

Anyone interested in joining me in a 6 week challenge to kick start weight loss? Summer is right around the corner and it is time to give our weight loss a huge push and reach for the stars.

Are you willing to give up the white stuff, mainly flour products and sugar for the next 6 weeks to make the scales move and the fat drop?

If so, post your starting weight and let's get started!
Thursday's will be our official weigh in day and our final weigh in will be June 1!

Let's get this party started!

This group will remain open so you may join anytime during the 6 week period!

I encourage everyone to keep their calories at a min. of 1200 each day. Let's keep it healthy.

NOW LET'S ROCK THE SCALES and SHAKE OFF SOME FAT....

Replies

• HAMMBONE
    Options
    Still working to lower my carb count. Today I have 85 gross carbs and 69 net carbs. Not to much over my max limit for the day.
    I did walk for over 30 min, around Walmart while waiting for a prescription to be filled. Casual walking,

Next week, my goal is to increase exercise intensity and increase exercise time.

How's everyone doing?
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    One dietary indiscretion today - which for me means one thing off plan that has gluten or sugar. In this case, a Three Musketeers bar. It's over. I own it. I gave up one of my planned meals to eat it. So I did go over my 100 g net carb limit, but not as far as I had expected. Tomorrow I will do better!

As for exercise today, walked 12 flights of stairs and did over 10,000 steps thanks to my fellow students deciding we should walk as a group during our breaks. Yay! Otherwise, might not have met my goal today.

Ok, to bed for me, early morning at the gym, early day at work, and then some massages scheduled for my clinic hours late afternoon tomorrow. Talk to y'all soon!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    1099834hix95m99ef.gif

Welcome to Hammbone 6 week jump atart to summer challenge

Thanks hammbone in starting this.thread.
    Love my fellow Texan
    501030kkfslwz3p1.jpg
    Marie
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I will do this with your help , and GODS help. Thank you for starting.:smile::happy:
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Got a great start today. Started off my morning with the 30 day shred, and I feel great! Won't be going to Zumba today, so I'll do another workout this afternoon. I'm going to take the stairs at work as much possible. We are going to a wine tasting this evening, so I need to make sure to adjust my calories, carbs and exercise accordingly. Have a great day everyone!
  • FitFeisty50
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm back to MFP thanks to Hambone's invite. Nice to see you all again! I'm WAY up in weight. No excuses ... things got a bit stressed around here since November and I've been a little piggy. Back on track now. I have finished 5 days of my plan and I'm down 8.2 lbs so I'm off and running. I'll post as often as I can, but I'm in school and really busy with classes, writing a dissertation, and my mundane household chores ... so I'll check in as often as possible. It's really good to 'see' you guys again!

Happy Losing!
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm back to MFP thanks to Hambone's invite. Nice to see you all again! I'm WAY up in weight. No excuses ... things got a bit stressed around here since November and I've been a little piggy. Back on track now. I have finished 5 days of my plan and I'm down 8.2 lbs so I'm off and running. I'll post as often as I can, but I'm in school and really busy with classes, writing a dissertation, and my mundane household chores ... so I'll check in as often as possible. It's really good to 'see' you guys again!

Happy Losing!

Is that you, Joy? If so, NICE TO "SEE" YA, woman! Glad to see you are back on track!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I will do this with your help , and GODS help. Thank you for starting.:smile::happy:

Hi nanabannana And what a cute sugar babe she is too.
    good seeing you again.
    callie
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Great LBWO (lower body workout) today and a half hour on the treadmill at the gym. Not lifting to muscle failure yet, so still room to tweak the amount I'm lifting, at least with lower body workouts. We'll see. I often don't feel anything the day of - but the day after or the 2nd day can show some delayed onset muscle soreness. Best solution, I was told, is to drink plenty of water, so I'll be pushing that today.

My boss is back from outta town today, so leadership meeting this morning, work, then a couple massages to do this afternoon. I have to do 50 hours of massage in clinic before I can graduate, and I am hoping to reach 25 done this weekend - half way point! Woo hoo!

Oh, and haven't been on the scale since I discovered the banana/PB gain- but I can honestly say that my clothes are fitting a bit looser - and that my upper belly is smaller. You know what I mean - I have what some call "double belly" syndrome, LOL - a belly above my belly button and one below it. I'm sure I'm sharing too much, but eh, who cares? I'm not shy.....

I hope everyone has a LOSER day!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i know what you are tslking about for i have 2 too
    calie
  • FireSwan
    Options
    Oh, and haven't been on the scale since I discovered the banana/PB gain- but I can honestly say that my clothes are fitting a bit looser - and that my upper belly is smaller. You know what I mean - I have what some call "double belly" syndrome, LOL - a belly above my belly button and one below it. I'm sure I'm sharing too much, but eh, who cares? I'm not shy.....
    ^^^ I thought I was the only one with 2 bellies... I've got the same issue, trying to get rid of both!!!
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Wooohoooo, Fit so good to see you join us!!! Congrats on your loss. won't be long you will have the nasty gain off and be sailing!

Welcome to nanabanana... I don't think I spelled that right but WELCOME!!!

Those are NOT 2 bellies, those are pound puppies and we are putting them up for adoption!!!

I bow to Fireswan and Resalyn.... great workouts and here I sit dreading mine but I will get it done!

Calie, you're so welcome. This site is a bit confusing now but I am learning. I don't know how to pin this thread to the introduction thread but surely everyone will find us.
  • Resalyn
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Pound puppies - yeah, mine are up for adoption. Heck, I'd even settle for someone to foster them for a while! (But if so, I ain't taking them back.....)
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    I am finishing today with 131 gross carbs and 111 net.
    I may actually shoot for the 60 net carbs or less during the week and then shoot for 100 net carbs on the weekend.
    I think with my lifestyle, this would keep me on track and I would not feel too restricted when eating with others.

I may experiment with those numbers for a few weeks and see what my results are.

Res, how many steps did you get in today?
    Fit'50, do you still have your fitbit?
    I forgot who else has one... fireswan maybe?
  • FireSwan
    Options
    Yep, I've got a fitbit. So far I have 9052 steps and 14 flights of stairs, burned 2182 cals.

I've done 2 workouts today, I thought about running stairs later, but I'm pretty beat at this point. I've had 103 carbs and 16g fiber. A little more net carbs than I usually have, but I treated myself to 1 serving of tortilla chips and homemade guacamole. :wink: gotta have a little fun if I want this to be my lifestyle.

I will be working out indoors tomorrow since the weather will be nasty.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    What data do you have to enter into a fitbit about yourself ?

Phil
    (yarwell is just a username)
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Good morning ladies and Phil,

Phil, I do not much about the fitbit so hopefully one of the ladies who has one will check in and answer your question.

I have a busy day ahead of me and I am already thinking about a nap and it is only 7.

Katie has softball practice at 10 am and it last 1.5 hrs then we will meet my db. He thinks he found the SUV he wants to purchase so I might get the highlander this weekend. (I am buying his SUV)
    I am excited cause it has more room than my car.

He has decided on a newer model of the highlander. He looked at a few other things but I told him, he would not be happy downgrading amendenties. I have HAD to do that in the past due to finances and it is hard. Buying his older SUV will probably make it harder in the future when buying cause his is loaded and my pocket book doesn't allow alot of extras...lol
    I am excited about the heated seats though....LOL
    Katie likes the sun roof.
    See the difference in what we like as we get older...LOL
    I am all into comfort! am...LOL
  • Resalyn
    Options
    HAMBONE - I am all about the heated seats, seriously! In fact, the temp dropped like a stone today and had to dig out my winter coat and commuted to school with the heated seats on high - ah, divine!

PHIL - you can check out the Fitbit Ultra at www.fitbit.com. Fitbit is somewhere between a simple pedometer and an HRM. It is more of an activity tracker - has the same technology in it as they use in the WII - so it tracks elevation and equates that to the number of "floors" you climb in a day, keeps track of your total steps. If you get one, and go through the set up, you will enter your basic physical stats and it then will keep track of your calories burned based on your activity and your BMR. If you decide to, you can also wear it on your nondominant wrist at night, and it will also track your basic sleep patterns - how long it takes you to fall asleep, how long you slept, and how many times you awakened. MFP and the Fitbit website talk to each other too - so when the Fitbit says you have done 10,000 steps, it send that activity to MFP, so those additional activity calories will show up for you to use if you want to use them.

I love my Fitbit. It is so motivating to see how far I've come during the day - and sometimes just before bed, I see I"m about to hit a milestone and it encourages me to get in one more flight of stairs or another 100 steps for the day.

Yesterday, I got in almost 11,000 steps, and I climbed 22 floors, or the "Wicked Twister" which I am assuming is a roller coaster. Today I am at school in clinic doing massages throughout the day, and plan on doing laps around the block and doing stairs in between studying for two tests and oh - actually massing people, LOL.

Y'all have a wonderful ACTIVE day!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Welcome Phil, That fit thing is too high tech for this old lady.

651171i085p8my3i.gif

callie
  • FireSwan
    Options
    Hi Phil,
    You pretty much enter the standard stuff- height, weight, date of birth, goal weight and how much you want to lose each week. I set mine up as close to MFP as I could. It seems to be working out pretty well. I just wish the activity would transfer over to MFP without me entering it in. But as Long as the time and calories burned match, it synchs from MFP to fitbit. I think fitbit's program is still a little buggy, but it works for me.

So, I wasn't going to do anymore stairs last night - fate had other plans - well, at 2am our fire alarm went off and had to grab both kitties and my hubby and I had to evacuate down 6 floors. It turned out to be a false alarm, so instead of waiting to get back on crowded elevators, we walked back up to the 6th floor. So, I got my stairs in! Ha!