How often shall I lift

Options
Aleara2012
Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
I still haven't finished the book but have started looking for a suitable gym so I can start my strength training. I am not planning on doing cardio (other than walking as much as my time allows). My time is very limited and I will probably have to train in my lunch breaks (and they are only 30 minutes :(). I am thinking of going without lunch breaks a couple of days a week so I can have longer breaks a couple of days and sue that for my training. But really, is 2 times a week enough at all? What is the optimal frequency and duration? Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The book says 3 days is optimal but 2 days is sufficient. I usually do 2 days of NROL (I aim for 3 days but somehow it always ends up being 2) and 3 days of cardio . That can vary though since I'm always getting sick and have to take extra rest days frequently. Even though I'm only about half through with stage 1 I can still already tell I'm getting stronger even with just 2 NROL workouts a week.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The book says 3 days is optimal but 2 days is sufficient. I usually do 2 days of NROL (I aim for 3 days but somehow it always ends up being 2) and 3 days of cardio . That can vary though since I'm always getting sick and have to take extra rest days frequently. Even though I'm only about half through with stage 1 I can still already tell I'm getting stronger even with just 2 NROL workouts a week.

Thanks for that! So it hink I shall aim for 2 days a week and may be where possible I could do one additional day. Thanks!