Start over??

Options
Fitwam
Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
Hey gang...
I started with the group on April 9th...but got off track. In reality have probably missed an entire week of workouts. I did WO 1 again on Wednesday and then didn't do 2 last night (and I should be on WO 3 and 4 this week).

Should I just start over? What do you think?

Replies

• Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I had that calf injury, I started over. I really think it helped rebuild the strength so I could move on. I am happy with that decision to start over but at the time I was completely bummed. So, do you feel it would help to rebuild the strength or do you not need that. Once you answer that you can move forward with that decision. :-)
  • Fitwam
    Options
    Thanks so much! Ha ha..I almost just sent the question to you anyway! It was like crickets out there for awhile.....:laugh: :laugh:

here's my thinking....(God help us) Gonna run as much as I can tomorrow in the 5K. (knowing me I am going to get caught up in the moment and go and push myself...but I will ice, advil prepare prior to the run). Rest Sunday

Monday I am thinking I remeausure it all. Start over with the Kickstart program. I know I am going to be on the road Tuesday and Wednesday.

Or I just start up on the wo 3. (workouts 1 and 2 were tough but not impossible for me).
    I don't think I need to rebuild strength necessarily...just want to go in the "sequence"...is that being too controlling or type A? haha:tongue:
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi! i think that if you're just starting out, I would restart. i'm at the end of w/o 7 and 8, and it's gotten tougher as the weeks have gone on. However, you get much stronger each week as well. Good luck!!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good to restart personally since you are not too far along. Your body will thank you! Please be careful tomorrow...NO MORE INJURIES! Have a great time!!!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm Type A, too, so I totally get it. If it were me, I would start over. I'm very driven by the schedule and the completion of each milestone (e.g., phase). For me, it would feel better to be able to say I completed the program as it was constructed. In my last 90 day program (Power 90), in addition to finishing, one of the aspects I'm proudest of is that I never missed a workout the entire time. So far, in week 5, I've done every workout; there's something gratifying about that.

Ultimately, it's up to you, but if it were me, I would start over.
  • Fitwam
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys. Finished the 5k on Saturday. Plantar Fasciitis is not in the OTHER foot...but it's okay.
    I think I am going to start over today...but not do the kickstart with the two workouts. Just go straight WO 1 and then WO 2 tomorrow. On her cardio days, I may do the bike or something at the gym...just really no jumping around right now.

This way I think I can get through the program! I am stoked to get going again..but not really stoked about hearing the same 1 and 2 workouts for two more weeks!! LOL

Encouraged by all the great results I am reading! Whoo hoo
    Let's DO THIS!!