Record this week's (Apr 23) Weight!

Options
DaChozn
DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
Posting link again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjLYraxwRegMdG0wdjFrUGxDdVg2X2Q0Y1dybHZna0E#gid=0

Just as an FYI, if your numbers are red, that means you've gained. I did it that way so that if we see someone consistently red (I know I was in the red last week lol), we might want to give that person extra support (cuz that's what we're here for!) :wink: or it can be for self monitoring purposes.

Hope everyone is doing well. What is your routine/eating plans/ etc for melting the fat? This would be especially helpful or interesting to know for someone like me who's been plateauing since last year between 180-185 lbs. :bigsmile:

Replies

• KristaTellier
    KristaTellier Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well. What is your routine/eating plans/ etc for melting the fat? This would be especially helpful or interesting to know for someone like me who's been plateauing since last year between 180-185 lbs. :bigsmile:

I`ve been really happy with my 2 weekly weigh-ins so far... but... I haven`t made the best food decisions the last couple of days... and I`ve got a 16+ hour car trip on Wednesday, so I`m concerned about the results for this coming week. Eeeeeks! Anyone have suggestions on what I can do in a packed vehicle to get in a little exercise or movement? I`ve been told we`ll only be stopping for a 30 minute lunch, and pee breaks :) Ha! (so I won`t have long to get out and even stretch my legs, much less get in any kind of a workout)

As for plateauing, I only have limited experience with it (I typically gain or lose - staying the same isn`t a strength or problem I have too much experience with)... but have you mixed things up with your food and exercise? I have heard that it is important to keep `shocking` your body, so it isn`t always able to anticipate what will come next (and therefore you`ll somehow burn more calories I guess?). I don`t know how much truth this theory holds, but it would seem to make some sense.
  • DaChozn
    Options
    I`ve been really happy with my 2 weekly weigh-ins so far... but... I haven`t made the best food decisions the last couple of days... and I`ve got a 16+ hour car trip on Wednesday, so I`m concerned about the results for this coming week. Eeeeeks! Anyone have suggestions on what I can do in a packed vehicle to get in a little exercise or movement? I`ve been told we`ll only be stopping for a 30 minute lunch, and pee breaks :) Ha! (so I won`t have long to get out and even stretch my legs, much less get in any kind of a workout)

My only suggestion would be to carry healthy snacks and log them before driving so that you already have your planned snack calories logged. I wouldn't worry too much about physical activity as you need to conserve energy for driving haha. Because of the lack of physical activity, keep your calories in line. However, stretching a bit and light calisthenics (jumping jacks, wall push-ups, air-punching etc) at rest points (bathroom breaks and lunch) is a good idea.
    As for plateauing, I only have limited experience with it (I typically gain or lose - staying the same isn`t a strength or problem I have too much experience with)... but have you mixed things up with your food and exercise? I have heard that it is important to keep `shocking` your body, so it isn`t always able to anticipate what will come next (and therefore you`ll somehow burn more calories I guess?). I don`t know how much truth this theory holds, but it would seem to make some sense.

I've increased my cals and upped my physical activity. My main problem I think is consistency and stress control. I'll be pretty consistent 4-5 days a week and then derail or stretch my range on the weekends. Additionally, I'm a full time worker in grad school so my cortisol levels are bananas right now. However, I've relaxed on the weekends since I've lost the majority of my weight but it may just be time to tighten it up even further. I'm hoping the routine I've established will yield results. It's pretty discouraging but I'm glad this group was created so that it will force me to focus on the choices I make.
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I thought i'd add to this thread to say that despite my best efforts i just can't get my pc to load the speadsheet so i'm not able to update it. My pc is very old (o;
  • DaChozn
    Options
    I thought i'd add to this thread to say that despite my best efforts i just can't get my pc to load the speadsheet so i'm not able to update it. My pc is very old (o;

:-( Well that's not good. I saw that you posted the first week. Do you want to PM the group admin your weekly weigh-in so that we can at least keep up with your losses in case you're the first to reach 20 lost?

Additionally, if you want to keep it as a personal spreadsheet, I can send you a downloaded copy so you can see your weight change from week to week. I would just need your email address PM'd to me. I don't think the messaging system here allows for attachments. Let me know!