How do you train?

Options
Hey everyone,

Since working, I've been hard pressed to get that much needed practice time in. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to squeeze that time in. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I generally train from 1630 to 1800-1830. This usually fits with my work schedule, but then again I do not have a family or kids to worry about. However, since I recently relocated I have not been able to find a good Muay Thai gym to train at here at the new location. I decided to convert one of my co-workers into a fighter, and have not regretted it. I really just needed someone to hold pads for me.

One of the best ways to get training in is a heavy bag. The heavy bag does away with the need for anyone else to be involved in your training unless you need actual instruction for techniques. Even then the internet and a video camera can be of great help when refining technique. If you have the space for one in your home then you can easily get a good workout in either first thing in the morning or after work. Without knowing what kind of schedule you are on it is difficult to give any ideas. I am not really a morning person so I could never train when I first wake up.
  • bluetzu
    bluetzu Posts: 14
    Options
    yes, do not view training as a "time" or set aside "thing" it is continual....when u lift that box up lift it ten times when you go up that flight of stairs go up em then down then up then down then up who says training stops look for the little things you can do all day long never lock your training in the gym
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Is it possible for you to find a night class? My teacher does the adult classes at 9:30-11:00 PM (he teaches the elementary school, middle school, and high school kids earlier in the afternoon/evening at the same location). Another possibility, if your main concern is fitness and not combat skills, is to find a boot camp class. They tend to start 7 AM or earlier.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I volunteered to assist my instructor with classes. After awhile he would allow me to lock up the school. Eventually he gave me a key. Now I work out late after classes and on Sunday. You may want to see if you could help your instructor, after awhile he may allow you the same curtesey.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Train when you can. Early in the AM before work will make your day that much better. I train around my busy schedule and try to make it to my classes.