*New to group/Introduction*

Options
mrsfisch330
mrsfisch330 Posts: 5 Member
:Hey guys my name is Courtney and I'm new to MFP and saw this group and couldn't resist! I have been doing martial arts for 4 years now and just recently tested for my black belt in American Karate (which I successfully passed!) It had been a very long year for me since I tore my ACL the week before our tournament back in November while doing our sparring warm up. I was so upset when the doctor told me and I realized I wouldn't be able to participate in testing week in March. I had the surgery and was super determined to get to where I needed to be to be able to test. With tons of painful rehab, I was "ok" enough to test in March with no problems! (even though I was not at all cleared to do so from my doc, but what he doesnt know wont hurt right? :tongue: ) My knee was the only thing NOT hurting lol. Our BB test is 4 days long, each day being mentally, phyically, and emotionally draining.

Related to weightloss-
When I had found out last June that I was a candidate for BB testing (we are candidates from June-March) I was so determined to lose at least 20 pounds since I was the biggest girl. I started running 5X a week and started weight lifting so I wouldnt die during the hardest physical week of my life. Then after my injury, I didn't do any phycial activity for about 3 months all together which as most of you who train know... is an eternity!!!! I instead gained 10 pounds and was not able to get it off in time for the test... oh well. Now that it is over and I am almost cleared for full activity (May 17th will be my 6month mark) I am more determined than ever to lose it and get into shape. I very much look foward to competing and fighting as a black belt... but need to get my butt in shape to do it.

Sorry this is so long but I am very happy to be apart of this group and wanted to share my story!! :heart:

Replies

• neekz0r
    neekz0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! :)
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    welcome :)
    good for you for still managing to test for your black belt despite your injury!