Forearms hurt

Options
newmari12
newmari12 Posts: 29 Member
So I did Workout B on Wednesday and it went really well. I woke up Thursday morning sore all over (a good sore) but my forearms are so so so sore, even today (Friday, two days later). Did anyone else experience soreness in their forearms after Workout B? Is this normal? Did I do one of the moves incorrectly?

Replies

• lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too, but it was after my 2nd workout A. The only thing I could think of was that it might have been from moving the plates onto and off of the bar for my squats. I don't know though, it could have been anything.
  • newmari12
    Options
    Thanks lunchgirlie. I don't know what could have caused it but I've got my second Workout A coming up today and I hope my forearms don't slow me down lol.
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    my forearms are ok...but we shall see tonight, after workout 2A.
    good things is, we are off weights until tuesday, right?
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I *wish* my forearms would get sore! I have just recently started adding a little extra work in just for them. My forearms and calves seem small in proportion to my upper arms and legs.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's probably from the deadlifts since those will work your grip strength and therefore forearms. actually it could be from any exercise where you're working hard to keep your grip on the weight (step ups, DB overhead press, etc)

at the moment i'm kind of stuck at a weight range on the deadlifts because of my grip :brokenheart:
  • newmari12
    Options
    That makes sense. By the end of the second set of dead lifts and lunges I could barely hold the weights any longer; I was struggling!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    That makes sense. By the end of the second set of dead lifts and lunges I could barely hold the weights any longer; I was struggling!
    and what made it worse for me was that it eventually ended up affecting my lat pulldowns, since i couldnt grip the handle that well.

for deadlifts what's helped is using a mix group where one hand is under, one hand over.i'm also planning on getting some straps for my workout bag : http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/straps.html;jsessionid=3FA65A19A77FE928F220CAB5A05643A2