Is lifting heavy a must?

Options
2»

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I may be in the minority here...or maybe I'm just naturally muscular (which is true..I had calves at 2 years old. LOL!) But the only weight training I do is Bodypump which is high rep/low weight and I'm very toned from it. It changed the shape of my body completely. It's the only strength training I do.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i did 90 days of p90x, i enjoyed it. you can keep pushing yourself to higher and higher weights.

i am doing body for life now. i needed a break from the ONE HOUR daily workouts, LOL! so, they are about 40 min for lifting days and 20 for cardio ( i only do 1--2 of those though) and i'm running for mine. i work out at home with dumbbells and modify moves if i need to using a ball, bands and pull up bar :-)

i JUST started eating more within the past week. so, i am giving myself 2 weeks off of workouts, and then i'll do measurements and then 4 weeks eating more and weights 3 days and cardio 1-2 days, and then measure again :-) i lost a ton of inches from p90x and eating WAY low cal ( like 1200 cal, not NET either) per day.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Im an advocate for the Total Gym XL. I like it for the ease of use since it folds up and what not

Yes this is the Chuck Norris one, but I tell you it kicks my *kitten*. I make up my own routines on it to, doing super sets and what not.

I will tell you I am crazy sore right now from my routine on Wednesday.